Born this way

A/N: This might, quite literally, be one of the longest chapters I've ever written in here, but it's honestly one of my favorites, so, buckle up and, as always, let me know what you think!

"All right, guys. Nationals are just a few weeks away, and it's time to bear down." Mr. Schue said, as everyone gathered together in the auditorium. "Okay, your singing at Regionals was amazing, but your dancing... It's booty camp time."

And at that, everyone cheered. Piper frowned a bit, feeling her head spinning for a second as she sighed, knowing she should've at least eaten the granola bar that had magically appeared in her locker the other day. Along with about four others that had been left there over the past week and that she blatantly ignored.

"So let's get it going." Mr. Schue clapped once. "Five, six, seven, eight. Push yourselves, guys. Vocal Adrenaline takes no prisoners."

And for a minute or so, everything was going fine. Piper was even keeping up with everyone when it came to dancing, but suddenly the few dark spots around her eyes started to grow wider and wider and suddenly, everything went black.

"Oh, my God!" Mercedes gasped, as soon as Piper hit the ground.

The one to take action first wasn't her, though. Rushing out from Finn's side, Quinn was quick to kneel down by Piper to turn her into her back as Mike sat on the floor by her legs to lift them up a bit.

"We need to take her to the infirmary." She said, as Mike nodded.

And as Finn watched Quinn watching Mike pick Piper up like a hawk, he felt that old, familiar feeling of jealousy. But, considering Piper was really needing help and he knew how much she had helped his girlfriend before, he decided to let it go.

***

"Okay, so... Before you all start freaking out about what happened at bootcamp, I'm gonna make an announcement out of it." Piper said, as she stood in the middle of the choir room in front of her friends as they all watched her quietly. "I fainted because of low blood pressure. I had, hum... Skipped lunch and the auditorium was hot that day and I just... Couldn't handle it. But it's fine. I'm fine."

"Really?" Mercedes asked then as Piper sighed heavily. "Because skipping lunch is not fine to me."

"I wasn't hungry." Piper argued, as Quinn sighed.

"And when are you hungry, honey?" She asked, quietly. "You have a problem, P. And you need help."

"It's fine." Piper rolled her eyes. "I've gotten help before so now I know how to control it."

"Is that why you passed out during bootycamp?" Tina asked.

"Is it true what they're saying?" Mike asked. "About three girls in the Cheerios said they've spotted you throwing up after lunch."

"This is none of your business." Piper scoffed. "I said I got it under control."

"Why do you do this?" Sam frowned, worriedly. "You are a very pretty girl, Piper."

"Hold up." Santana interrupted the conversation then, as Piper rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Could we all just get real here for a second? I hear that Piper's got a bit of an eating problem. Maybe she wants to look thinner. Maybe she just doesn't like the food from the cafeteria. But can we all just stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean, I'm sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction. I'll bet Artie's thought about getting his legs removed since he's not really using them anyways. Berry's definitely thought about getting a nose job. And I'm definitely sure that Tina's looked into getting an eye de-slanting."