1x14

Let's Just Finish The Dance

       I tossed and turned atop my mattress, tangling myself in the sheets and duvet as I tried to force myself back to sleep

I tossed and turned atop my mattress, tangling myself in the sheets and duvet as I tried to force myself back to sleep. Something in the pit of my stomach woke me early the next morning, the morning after I witnessed Landon rise from the dead.

No one could believe it. We watched Landon essentially resurrect himself. An achievement that should be near impossible. At least, without some kind of magical assistance.

The realization came after the boy burst into flames and then climbed to his feet covered in a layer of ashy crust. Alaric figured Landon had to be some kind of supernatural. And because of the boy's spectacular resurrection, a Phoenix became the number one creature on the list. There was no definite proof, except for the fact that Landon came back to life through fire, but they did not have anything else to go on.

So, Landon became the first ever Phoenix to be enrolled in the Salvatore School.

Much to Hope's delight.

I knew that Landon's death affected her more than she let on. But in true Mikaelson fashion, Hope pushed the thought down and forgot about it. I decided against a confrontation, giving Hope the time she needed to be with her alive boyfriend.

I rolled my eyes and stared up at the slanted ceiling of the dorm room. The strange feeling in my stomach grew and twisted, making me not able to fall back asleep. I groaned, pushing myself up to run a hand over my face.

When a thud resounded through the wall behind me, I threw the duvet from my body and rushed from my room to the next door. I did not bother to knock as I ripped open the door to find an odd sight. I blinked when I saw Landon on the floor, climbing up from where Hope's easel and painted canvas fell onto him.

"Okay?" I voiced, watching the Kirby boy stand with streaks of blue and red on his face and arms.

"Landon, are you okay?" Hope exclaimed when she rocketed up from the bed.

Landon coughed, groaning as he knocked the paintbrushes and pencils off him. "Well, I was recently dead, so I think I'll mend."

Hope breathed deeply with furrowed brows. "What happened?" She looked to me in the doorway. "And why're you here?"

"You were having a nightmare," Landon said. "And then you screamed and some magical wave thing hit me, and now I have art supplies where no man should."

I nodded and pointed to the Kirby boy. "Hence why I'm here. Felt a disturbance of magic. You know, I sometimes hate having super heightened senses."