1x12 pt.2

There's A Mummy On Main Street

I trailed behind the girls and Alaric as we trekked through the center of the Maple Hollows

I trailed behind the girls and Alaric as we trekked through the center of the Maple Hollows. Because of the bug plague, the entire town had been abandoned and carted off to the medical treatment camp.

My eyes flickered over the deserted Main Street for any sign of the mummy. It would help a lot more if we knew what the thing was supposed to look like.

"Some people find it helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle." Lizzie voiced from where she walked alongside her sister.

Hope exhaled. "Not stopping you."

"Now is not the time." Josie said.

I nodded. "I'm with Josie, on this one. We're here to kill a mummy, not for a trip down Memory Lane."

"It's always time for truth." Lizzie stated. "Last chance, Hope. If you didn't start that fire to keep us from going, then why were you so mean to me after?" She did not wait for an answer and continued. "I'll tell you why, because you were guilty."

"Kids! Quiet back there, please." Alaric called over his shoulder, scanning the street with his crossbow armed and ready.

"Seriously." Josie quipped, agreeing with her father.

"I wasn't mean to you. You were mean to me." Hope retorted.

"Because you were telling people about my episode."

My brows furrowed as I looked around my sister and Josie to where Lizzie stood. "Your what?"

"My episode." Lizzie emphasized, sterner than before. "The one I had when our trip got cancelled. You told everyone that I was witch-bipolar." She turned and set her gaze on Hope.

Hope came to a stop and whirled to the blonde. "I would never do that."

"Guys, seriously, what is the point of even talking about..."

"Just drop the act." Lizzie powered on, talking over her sister. "I had my first - occurrence. My mom took me away to get help, and you decided to use it against me."

I spun to face the bickering girls. "Okay, we really don't have time for this. You guys can argue later."

"Guys..." Josie tried, again, from where she walked ahead.

"I didn't even know." Hope exclaimed, not listening to either of them. Her eyes were wide, stunned by the accusation. "I swear, I would never do that."

"Guys." Josie snapped, gaining their attention.

"What?" Hope, and Lizzie shouted when they turned to face her.

"There's a mummy on Main Street." Josie stepped aside with her stare aimed ahead of them.

I followed her gaze. Sure enough, a mummy strode through the center of the street. A growl erupted from its mouth as it moved forward with its arms held out at its sides. Urn in hand. I squinted when a bright glow emitted from the mummy's chest. Green and circular right where its heart should have been.