1x03 pt.2

We're Being Punked Pedro

I sprinyed through the halls of the school to Alaric's office. Pedro had already beaten me there, breathing heavily from either the run or strange encounter with the gargoyle, most likely both. I appeared in the doorway just in time to hear the little boy relayed what had happened to the statue and that it chased him, me, and Lizzie into the school. I followed up with the thing facing off with Lizzie at the entrance, alone.

We all booked it back through the school and to where Lizzie was left with the gargoyle. When we arrived, the creature was gone and Lizzie remained splayed across the floor unmoving.

"Lizzie?" Alaric exclaimed as soon as his eyes landed on his daughter. "God, Lizzie." He rushed to her side, kneeling next her on the ground. "Lizzie, hey. Oh, what happened?" he muttered lowly to himself, especially when he saw her sweatshirt shredded above her stomach. But as he looked her over, Lizzie failed to move a single muscle, except for her eyes. She tried to talk, but only a muffled sound was made. "She isn't moving," Alaric spoke louder and glanced around at the primary school kids who piled into the room. "Why - why isn't she moving?"

"That statue hurt her," Pedro stated, staring down at the wound on Lizzie's stomach.

I stood next to the little boy, my eyes widening when Alaric peeled back his daughter's shirt to reveal four long gashes in her stomach. But instead of it bleeding profusely, the edges were a dull grey and stiff like the gargoyle itself.

In that moment, Emma rushed into the room and joined the kids. She positioned herself next to both me and Lizzie and asked, "are you alright?"
_______

After the rest of the school was gathered, Alaric began to implement his plan to keep the rest of them safe from the gargoyle.

"We are on lockdown," Alaric addressed the students that were gathered in one of the many sitting areas. "No one goes outside. Period. I want you all in your rooms. Upper class, you are on the buddy system. Lower class, I want you to go with Emma to the Grand Hall. Okay? Let's go," he called out and sent everyone into motion.

As they all began to disperse, I weaved through the crowd to reach Alaric. "I want to help," I said.

Alaric sighed, "Chase..."
"No, I can help," I cut him off. "Hope isn't the only one who can take care of herself. I can help with this thing, too."

Alaric stared at him for a long moment, before he relented. "Fine." He turned to Emma, who had appeared at the Mikaelson boy's side. "Alright, take Lizzie and Chase with you and the kids. Keep an eye on that infection," he said, looking between me and Emma. "I'm gonna try to draw it away from the school."

"How do you know it will follow you?" Emma questioned.

"Because I think I have what it wants," Alaric stated, before he set off for his office.