2x04

Since When Do You Speak Japanese

"Hope and Chase Marshall to the principals office

"Hope and Chase Marshall to the principals office."

"P.A. system? It's a little dramatic, don't you think?" I chuckle as Hope and I walk into the office.

"Not as dramatic as the message Landon left me, saying he had Sunriver urgent to discuss. Anything you two want to share."

I cross my arms. "Only that I'm pretty sure that the monsters are street him this time."

"And you two didn't think that's something I should know?"

"More like I was afraid of what you were gonna say after that."

"Hope..." he sighs. "You two need to go back to the Salvatore School."

"That was it."

"Not for your sake. For theirs. Maybe Landon isn't that important you two. But if Malivore wants him, we need to want him more."

"Look, we will take care of it, but from a distance."

"Okay, what am I missing here, Hope? Chase? Hmm? You two told me the truth and everything worked out fine."

"Not the whole truth."

"Hmm."

"Landon and I... we were in love. Like, real love. Epic love, if that even exist."

"I can assure you it does. "

I clear my throat. "Now he's with Josie, which we kind of had a thing, I really liked her, she like me but they don't know what we were to each other." 

"And we're just afraid that if we tell them, she gonna hate us forever or he's gonna hate me or we're gonna hate ourselves because we made us all miserable. So we can't tell them. Not yet." A knock on the door interrupts us.

"Sorry to interrupt."

"No, it's okay. We were just leaving. We will see you at the pep rally."

"See you there. I hope you two consider the transfer. I can put in a good word for you at the Salvatore School." We walk out and I hold up my hand in a peace sign before completely walking out.

_____

"Hope, do you hear that?"

"Come on." I run after her and spot Landon and Rafael. "Scalare." A metal fence comes out from in front of us and Raf hits it falling to the ground.

"Hope. How are you two always in the right place at the right time?"

"That's funny. I was just thinking the exact opposite thing." Rafael sits up and groans.

_____

We dragged Raf from inside the school and into the back of a car, he shifts and tries to sit back up. "Ad somnum." he falls back asleep and I turn to look at Landon with a glare. "What were you two even doing here?"