childe | stone cold

"So is this how the Fatui make diplomatic relationships?" You pursed your lips together, furrowing your brows.  You cleared your throat, referring to the harbinger across from you.

"What can I say? I'm a man of romance." The ginger replied, waving his hand. He gave you a smile, in return you scowled at him.

"What's your business with Liyue and Mondstat?" You questioned.

"Right, you're the one who helped save Mondstat from Stormterror with Aether?" The harbinger sighed, "but how'd you get to Liyue?"

"What do you mean?" You asked. "The fact I'm the captain of the Millileth?"

"Precisely."

You took a sip of coffee, eyeing the harbinger. "Why does this involve the Fatui? The fact I have relations in Mondstat and Liyue?" You stirred your coffee, meeting his blue eyes. He laughed. You pursed your lips further. "I can't tell what you want." You sighed, pushing your plate back. "What does Signora want from me?" You asked.

"Nothing,~" he hummed.

"Are you sure it's not to just get close to me?" You said with a slight smirk. You cleared your throat, fixing yourself into a frown.

"Can't you let loose a little, Miss [L/N]?"

"No, and if this isn't for political reasons, Childe then I'll be leaving." You said, clearing your throat. You avoided his eyes, standing up. You could feel his gaze upon you. You adjusted your vision on your wrist. Childe got up as well, walking over to you. You felt him stand beside you. "What are you doing, Fatui?" You eyed him.

"Don't mind me," he hummed, closing his eyes. You scoffed, waving him off.

"Leave me alone, Fatui."

"Aw, why so cold?" Childe laughed, leaning over to you, his head right above your shoulder.

"That's real cheap coming from you." You replied, grabbing his hair. "Don't bother trying to force Rex Lapis out of hiding." You said quietly. "Or I won't hesitate to kill you right here right now."

Childe laughed, "what do you mean?"

"Nevermind," you scoffed, letting him go abruptly. "I have more important matters to attend to." You took the letter delivered from the Millileth guard's hands.

"Do you mind if I accompany you?"

"Yes, leave me alone."

"Mondstat?" Childe said, reading over your shoulder. "Why does the winery need help?"

"Stop snooping around."

"Oh, is this an invitation?"

You cleared your throat, "no. Master Diluc wouldn't want the likes of you if you joined me."

"That wine tycoon?" Childe raised a brow.

"Go home." You said, walking off.

Childe followed after you. "Hey waaaait!"

"You're very persistent." You observed, reaching the gate out of Liyue Harbor. You folded the note and slid it into your pocket.

"Because you're the one."

"The one?" You turned, perplexed. "What do you mean by that, Fatui?"

"I want to fight you one day."

"I can hand your ass right here if you want," you grunted, crossing your arms. "Hell, I'll kill you here."

Childe laughed, waving his hands. "A spar, a spar."

You huffed, turning around. "Don't you have more important matters to discuss? Like your meeting with Nigguang?"

"Ah. She canceled."

"And you have nothing better to do besides bother me, Fatui?"

Childe huffed, frowning slightly, "you've known me for years and you still don't call me by my name?"

"Which one?" You replied harshly. "Childe? Tartaglia? Or your birth name?"

"Wow, you did your homework [Y/N]." He said, clapping his hands together.

You sighed, "I suppose you can come with me."

"Really?"

"Just don't cause any trouble."

"Right, right," he chuckled. You eyed the ginger as he snaked his arms around you. You hesitated. "What's with all this armor? You have a vision. You'll be fine."

"It's none of your business." You stiffened, hardening your words. "So stay out of it."

"Is it perhaps you don't want anyone invading your privacy? Maybe you're guarded because of your past, Miss [Y/N]. Hmm?~"

You cleared your throat, "come on you fool." You forced yourself away from the harbinger, walking out of Liyue Harbor. Childe followed suite.

"Why are you so cold [Y/N]?"

"And why are you so interested in my personal life? Are you trying to use it against me later? What does the Tsaritsa want from me?"

"You're asking too many questions." Childe laughed.

"And you're deliberately avoiding them." You replied.

"So are you," he frowned. You rolled your eyes, clicking your tongue.

"Because you're the enemy."

"Then why would I reveal my secrets to you?" Childe asked.

You let out an exasperated sigh. "What do you want from me?" You turned around to see Childe staring at something. Your face scrunched up. He walked over towards you. You stiffened, letting your guard up. The ginger lifted your cape up. Your face began heating up, "Childe?"

"Huh." He blinked. "So you aren't fully covered after all." Childe smirked at you.

You glared at him. "Can we go now?"

Childe's hands trailed up your spine where your armor left you open. Your breath hitched. "You're so cold [Y/N]." He rested his chin on your shoulder. "Do you really have to act so cold to me in public?" He frowned.

"You know it's an image." You said, barely meeting his eyes, your hand covering your mouth. He sighed.

"Of course it is, love."

"..." you turned away.

The harbinger wrapped his arms around you. "You know...I could kill you right now."

You chuckled. "You wouldn't."

"If I did?"

"That's one hell of a way to end a relationship." You felt his hand snake down to your hand. He intertwined his fingers with yours.

"You're too cute."

"...you know this can't be public. Ningguang would kill us. You know how Liyue hate the Fatui."

"Your issue is?" Childe hummed. "Your devotion to a land that isn't even yours?" You opened your mouth, abruptly pulling away from him. "Ah, must have struck a nerve."

"Just go back to Liyue." You snapped, storming off.

"Ah, so cold." Childe sighed, watching you run off.