albedo | breakthrough

You studied Albedo briefly as he ran around the camp, mumbling to himself. He was deep in thought the entire time, his eyes focused on his current project than anything. You huffed, resting your chin on your hand. Your eyes followed the alchemist. It was late and that meant it would be even colder in Dragonspine during the day.

"Albedo?" You called out.

You saw his frustration, unable to find any results with his experiment. "Not now [Y/N]."

"What if you tried to ease your mind?" You continued, "sometimes when I'm stuck on something I take a walk. When I come back to it, I find the answer."

"Don't I tell you that?" Albedo said, scrunching up his face. Though, he didn't look at you. His eyes flickered against the warm light of the lantern.

"Mhm," you smiled. "And it works."

"Hmm...I see."

"Did you find something?"

"Yes, I did." Albedo said, setting down the equipment. You slid off the shelf, walking over towards your boyfriend. You rested your hands on the desk.

"Oh wow..." you mumbled in awe. Though you didn't fully understand the capabilities of Albedo and his big brain, you understood the basics of alchemy. Reading his results was like trying to read a different language. Albedo hummed, brushing your hair out of your face to kiss your cheek. Your eyes turned to him. "Are you ready to take a break now?"

"Well, I just made a new discovery with these lab results. So I need to continue to access them for furth-" Albedo paused.

You shook your head, cupping his cheeks. "You're really tired. Just look at you." You furrowed your brows, pressing your forehead against his. "There's still plenty of time, darling. We aren't due to return to the shop for another week. You've already pondered for a week without sleep!"

Albedo let out an exasperated sigh, tearing away from you. "Perhaps, I should."

You smiled. "That's the spirit."