childe | brr its chilly isnt it?

//; requested by @peppermint67

Childe had decided to join on your commissions and errands today. Currently, you were on your last commission for today which lasted in Dragonspine, your least favorite place in all of Teyvat. You two had gotten caught inside a blizzard and were forced to seek shelter. You shivered, crouching by the fire. "Why won't you just come sit by me?" Childe whined.

You looked over, "no." You turned back to the fire, watching it crackle.

"Whyyyy?"

"Are you touch starved or something?"

Childe opened his mouth and closed it with caused you to laugh. You turned to him, smiling, a small laugh escaping your lips. He frowned, "is that a no?"

"Yup."

You really said no heart emoji right there.

Your eyes returned to the fire. You hugged yourself, shivering. Dragonspine had a subzero climate and a blizzard would do no good. Childe glanced over, seeing the way you clasped your hands around your arms, shivering. A small sigh escaped his lips, his hot breath forming a cloud from the cold air. He shifted over to the corner you were crouching by. You heard him shuffling, glancing over. You rolled your eyes, turning away. In all honesty, you hoped he'd initiate the cuddle instead of you. You were really embarrassed by the thought of huddling for warmth with your enemy.

Childe hummed as he shuffled behind you.

"What are you doing?" You asked, hostility raising in your voice. He chuckled, smiling at you. Your face relaxed subconsciously. He slid down behind you. Childe grabbed a hold of you, pulling you towards him. Your breath hitched. "Childe?" You asked again, your voice shaking.

He hummed, resting his chin on your head. "Yes?"

You opened your mouth to speak but no words came out. You shut it. "N...Nevermind."

"Hmm." Childe's eyes fixated on the fire. He ran a hand through your hair. His fingers brushed against your skin. "You're really cold." Your breath hitched. Despite the old weather, he felt really warm.

"Thanks for noticing," you grumbled, "it's Dragonspine for goodness sake!"

"You didn't wear a coat either," Childe commented. He shifted, tearing himself apart from you briefly. You frowned, slowly admitting you enjoyed his company. He took off his coat (hshdhsha he doesn't have one though LOL). He placed it in front of you. "Well there you go." You hummed, pulling it close without hesitation. A small chuckle escaped Childe's lips. He wrapped his arms around you. He could feel your body stiffen from the touch. "No need to be scared, [Y/N]-chan."

"I'm not." You frowned, "what are you talking about?"

"Relaaaax," he hummed, "it's survival."

"Survival my ass." You grumbled, shifting. You crossed your arms, frowning. Childe laughed. He pushed you down so you'd sink further into him.

"What the hell are you doing-" you began.

"Well you took my coat [Y/N]-chan." Childe whined, "I'm cold too, y'know..."

You let out an exasperated sigh, crossing your arms, leaning further into his chest. "This is a ONE time thing, Childe."

"Not unless we come to Dragonspine again."

You snorted, "I'll bring a coat next time and drop you off at the base of the mountain."

"Aww, [Y/N]." Childe frowned, "your words hurt y'know that?"

"Good. Those were my intentions." You huffed.

"You feel more comfortable now, don't you?"

"Not with you around," you lied. In all honesty, you didn't mind him.

"Mmm...you're a terrible liar." Childe said, shifting to a more comfortable position. He intertwined his fingers with yours. You froze up. You pulled your knees up towards your chest to break away from him. He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes. "Just don't put your hands on me."

"No promises," he grinned. You groaned, throwing your head back against his chest. You rubbed your temples. You opened your eyes to meet his face. Your face flushed. Childe grinned at you, resisting the urge to kiss you. You glared at him, scrunching up your face. He laughed. You studied his face. Your hands twitched. You sucked in a deep breath, grabbing his face, cupping his cheeks. Childe's breath hitched in surprise. Your hands were freezing. Childe blinked, staring at you. Your noses touched. "And who said not to get all handsy?" Childe hummed teasingly, smiling down at you.

"Shut up and kiss me."