diluc | braids

//; requested by @kazueol

It was a rainy night at Dawn Winery. Diluc had gotten back from a trip from Dragonspine. The fire crackled in front of the two of you as you two sat on the rug on the floor in silence, listening to the rain. You hummed, tracing your fingers around his shoulder. "What is it?" He spoke up, eyeing you as you scooted behind him, confusion lacing his voice.

You hummed as a response, pressing yourself against him, feeling his warmth. You wrapped your legs around him, hugging him from behind. His body stiffened as he turned to keep his eyes on the fire as a distraction. Diluc had his hair down and had taken off his coat. You ran your fingers through his red locks, humming to yourself as you rest your head against his back. You twirled a strand of his hair, admiring it. Sometimes you felt jealous of how good Diluc's hair was and how flawless it was. All he had to do was throw it into an effortless ponytail and he looked great.

You began playing with his hair, the air filling with silence, only being accompanied by the raindrops against the window panes. The fire crackled, the warm glow lighting up the room. You parted his hair into three parts. "What are you doing?" He asked softly, reaching his hand to your thigh. His hands were calloused and rough. It felt weird without his gloves, to be honest.

"Playing with your hair, why?" You replied, beginning to braid his red locks. Diluc's body loosened as his straightened back lowered itself, his posture going sour. You patted his back, "stressful day?"

He nodded, rubbing his temples, "god knows it was." He let out an exasperated sigh as he spoke. You hummed as he continued to rant about Kaeya and Dragonspine and what not. Your hands reached around to the front of him. You slid off the hair tie on his wrist. "You could've asked for it." He huffed.

"Awwwh, so you didn't like my hug?" You said with a slight laugh.

He huffed as a response, shifting.

You finished off the braid, patting his back. "There you go, Diluc."

He twisted his body to face you, "what horrendous thing did you do today [Y/N]."

You opened your mouth to respond, quickly closing it, flaring your cheeks out. "How in grateful." You responded, turning away from him as you crossed your arms. A tiny laugh escaped his lips which caused you to stare at him, flustered from a rare Diluc laugh.

"I'm just playing with you," he said, taking your hands. Diluc wrapped his arms around you as he put you in his lap. He rested his chin on your head, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his lips, "I like it."

"You haven't even seen it," you replied, "empty compliment."

"How pessimistic of you. I bet it looks wonderful." He replied back, his eyes focused on the flames. You glanced up to see his red eyes flickering against the flames of the fire.

"...I think it does." You mumbled, staring back down at your feet and hands, flustered. Your face flushed as braid Diluc was too powerful.

He hummed a response as he rocked back and forth, discreetly smiling.