childe | aha injuries go brr

//; im a sucker for the injured reader and the partner finding out and being worried ngl it's my favorite LOL

Childe sighed. The Tsaritsa had canceled his mission and handed it over to Signoria instead. He wasn't sure where to go or what to do so the harbinger headed to Mondstat where his lovely lover lived, [Y/N]. You had headed out to finish your commissions for today. Childe knew you'd be safe but you always came home by 3 o'clock to go adventuring. You always came back and went out to search for your missing brother. Childe bit his lip, glancing outside. It was already getting dark. He was quite worried and he wanted to check up on you but he had no idea where to start looking.

He knew you could handle yourself. After all, you're Mondstat's honorary knight, saved Liyue and defeated him on multiple occasions. You were a powerful foe. The commissions you received seemed like child's play to him, meaning something went wrong. He didn't know Mondstat as well as he knew Liyue. Childe ran his hands through his hair, leaning forward on the couch.

Not only was a storm approaching but it was beginning to turn dark.

He slowly fell asleep at the couch, wondering your return.

All the way in Wolvendom, you were struggling to return home with your injuries. You had finished your last commission in Wolvendom and were ambushed by abyssal mages on the way home. You fended off yourself pretty well till their secret hilichurl army from behind jumped you. You wiped the blood from your mouth as you cut down the last abyssal mage. You sat down for a brief moment, catching your breath before you'd begin the trek home. You breathed heavily, clutching onto your thigh where the Mitachurl slammed it's club into you. You felt your vision blur. You ran your hands over your face, seeing the stab wound from the hilichurl from the initial ambush.

You groaned, using your sword as a cane to walk yourself home. You avoided the citizens of Mondstat and especially any knights. You weren't expecting Childe to be home when you opened the door. You held your breath, taking off your muddy shoes by the door. You clutch your chest, out of breath. You shuffled to the bathroom to dress the wounds. He seemed to be passed out on the couch, seemingly waiting for you to arrive home.

You stumbled over furniture, groaning. Your breath hitched, seeing Childe stir. You hoped you didn't wake your boyfriend up as you pretty much crawled your way inside the bathroom. You slowly closed the bathroom door, turning the lights on. You groaned, turning to one side, leaning on the door. You were so close to blacking out.

Childe had heard the loud thud which caused him to wake up. Turning the reading lamp on, he noticed your muddy shoes at the door. He let out a sigh of relief, knowing the thud was you and not some burglar. Though, he would have killed him in an instant if it was a thief breaking into their home. He wasn't worried. His eyes flickered, dancing across the room in the warm light. Childe's breath hitched, seeing the trail of blood leading to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, you had grabbed the first aid kits and began to stop the bleeding. After successfully soaking the cloth with your own blood, you cleaned it out with antibiotics and a damp cloth. You hissed in pain, biting down on your undershirt as you held it up with your teeth. You set the antibiotics aside, using the wall for support as you felt woozy still. You grabbed the stitching materials in the kit. Your wounds are pretty bloody and well, deep. They wouldn't heal on their own so you had to stitch them up. You winced, letting out a small squeak when the needle went through your skin.

For a brief second, your heart jumped when the door creaked open.

Childe looked confused for a brief minute before his eyes flooded with concern. You blinked at him. It was quite a sight to see. You were standing, one leg up on the counter by the mirror, your undershirt lifted up with half done stitches in while you held a the needle in one hand. The string in question in your mouth as you tried to break it off.