scaramouche | coincidental

//: requested by @AlLyf4nf1c
me getting this request: NOOOOOO FUCKING SCARAMOUCHE ISTG
me after writing it: aw this was cute :)

MODERN AU

"[Y/N]!"

"Yeah Ajax?"

"Can you pick up Teucer for me?" Your brother asked.

"Ugh, again?" You groaned, throwing your head back. "Why are you so lazy Ajax!? Can't you ask big sister?" You frowned, sliding off the counter to grab your keys.

He laughed, "you know she's busy with her own life now [Y/N]." You huffed, heading to the door. "I promise I'll get you your favorite food for dinner."

"Good! And if you lie I'll beat your ass so hard you'll be in the damn hospital for a week!" You snapped, slamming the door shut. You and Ajax (Childe) lived together at your college dorm. You two were close siblings, hell actually twins. Everyone knew the two of you as people you should never piss off. You and Ajax had a schedule on when to pick up Teucer from school, yet in the recent weeks he's asked you to take over. Teucer preferred Ajax over you seems Ajax spoils him whenever he picks him up. Though, he does love you too.

"Awww [Y/N].." Teucer frowned as he got in the car.

"Sorry buddy, Ajax is being lazy today."

"Agaaain?" He frowned.

"Sadly," you gave him a small smile from the mirror. "Okay, how about this..." you said, tapping your hand on the steering wheel. "I can take you to Wendy's or something today." You said, feeling bad after you saw his disappoint3; face. His face lit up, his eyes filling with stares

"Really! Really? Really?!!"

You chuckled, "yeah! Of course!"

You pulled up to your parent's house with sleeping Teucer in the backseat. You picked him up and knocked at the door. Your mother welcomed you inside and offered you to stay. You would but you had an Alchemy test tomorrow and you REALLY REALLY needed to study for it. You quickly drove back to the dorms. You walked inside, using your student card to unlock the front door to the dorms. You pushed the elevator button to the third story and quietly waited with several other students. You rushed out, awkwardly pushing your way through the others

You entered your dorm, thinking either Ajax would be studying in his room or passed out on the couch as usual. Instead, he was using the TV with his PlayStation with another student. You quite don't remember him but he seemed familiar. Ajax turned to you, "you're home early."

"....and you're not studying for your test on the Scarlet Letter tomorrow." You replied, setting your bag down at the counter. You were very not ready to meet an extremely cute boy that was exactly your type today.

The boy with Ajax looked over, "who the fuck is that little shit?"

Ah.

So he's a cocky one.

"For your information, who the fuck are you?" You snapped, "I live here." His burrows furrowed. He eyed you, remembering you as a alchemy major. Your hair was braided to the side, your blue eyes glaring at him, burrows furrowed and lips pursed. You wore a band t-shirt that you diy'd to be a crop top. You wore mom jeans with a studded belt. Just from looking at you, he could tell you were nothing like his friend, Childe despite the family resemblance.

"You never told me you had a sibling Tartaglia."

"Oh, right. Sorry." Ajax laughed, turning off the TV after the match. "This is Scaramouche. Scaramouche, meet [Y/N], my twin sister. [Y/N], this is Scaramouche, my friend from my literature and Teyvat history class."

"Yo." You said putting a hand up as you looked for wolf hook juice in the fridge. You had never met this kid in your entire life and to your knowledge, Ajax's only friends lied in Zhongli, his upperclassmen as well as Aether and Lumine. You shut the fridge, pouring a cup for yourself.

Scaramouche watched you. He recognized you and he knew you. You were THE [Y/N]. THE [Y/N] not to mess with. Yet up close you appeared very soft and not so...intimidating as he thought you'd be. You glanced up at him as Ajax left to go grab dinner from Wan-Min restaurant, your favorite. "What?" He flinched, your tone being very harsh, a scowl crossing your face. He took back his words. You were very scary. You sighed, throwing yourself onto the couch as you took a long sip. You paused, "I don't bite, you know." You turned to Scaramouche.

"I don't want to sit near the likes of you," he hissed.

You huffed, "sit down pipsqueak."

Scaramouche glared at you as he sat down on the couch. You set your glass down, leaning back with a sigh. "What's with all the moping around, your highness?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose. "Shut the fuck up, you're giving me a headache." You felt exhausted after pulling two all nighters for your upcoming exams. You ran your hands over your face as you leaned forward.

"God, you haven't slept in weeks. You look like shit." Scaramouche stated.

"Thanks for the obvious," you seethed.

You sat up, leaning against the back of the couch. You yawned. Scaramouche turned to the couch, the situation growing more awkward each second. The silence was unbearable. He grumbled, watching you struggle to stay awake. Even after only meeting you, a sense of duty to take care of you and keep you safe washed over him. He scrunched up his face, why the hell would he care?

You slowly leaned towards Scaramouche, barely able to keep your eyes open. You fell, your body colliding with Scaramouche. "Watch it you-" he began yelling, freezing up as he noticed you passed out. He sighed, leaning back, grumbling in annoyance. The boy let you sleep in his lap as he scrolled through his phone. Though he couldn't help taking a couple of glances at you as he thought you were pretty.