Chapter 5 Hurt

Chan POV-

     I came back home at around 6 pm and went to my study. I saw that the curtains were parted and my desk was organised. I felt uneasy at the sight of so much light into my study so I went to the windows and pulled the curtains. I walked back to my desk and saw that my files were all arranged and a vase with white and red roses was kept on it. I frowned and turned it around to take a better look. Now I knew who exactly entered my study and did all this.

     I took out a red rose from the vase and brought it close to my face. I sniffed the rose with my eyes closed. The scent filled my nose like poison and diffused further into my lungs. It was as beautiful as it was intoxicating. And I wanted more of it. Just like her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I came downstairs after I was ready to leave for the party. I wore a black suit and styled my hair in a side part. I sat on the living room sofa waiting for Y/N to come down too. After a few minutes, she came down wearing a blue dress.

"Let's go," I said before standing up and walking out the door to the car.

      She followed. The driver opened the door for me to enter in the back seat but I ignored it and went to sit in the passenger's seat so I wouldn't have to sit with her. I could almost feel her upset gaze on me as she sat in the back seat alone. We drove to the venue, that was a big banquet hall owned by our company. It didn't take that long for us to reach there. My parents had hosted the party, so they had done all the work of inviting the guests and setting the ball theme. I met a few of my friends so I just talked with them while Y/N was talking to her family members.

      A lot of the guests came to talk to me, which I didn't really like but keeping it professional, I talked to them anyway. I stuck with Changbin and Jisung most of the time. [Yea 3racha in the building!] It had been a while since I last saw them and I was actually happy to see them, unlike the other business partners. I lost track of time until dinner was being served. That's when I had to be with Y/N again. My parents, Y/N's parents, her brother and we both were all sitting at one table to have dinner together.

     It was all going fine until I realised what the cutlery was made of. I felt my fingers burn as soon as I picked up the silver knife and fork. I almost dropped them but regained my composure, enduring the pain. I tightened my jaw, trying to eat. I struggled to eat the steak. There were a lot of people here and I couldn't afford to make myself look strange. Luckily, no one noticed me as my everyone at our table was talking to each other and no one paid attention to me. Well, little did I know, a pair of e/c eyes didn't let me go unnoticed.

Y/N's POV-

      I was a little upset when Chan sat in the passenger seat instead of sitting in the back. Well, it wasn't like I wanted him to sit with me. But it did hurt me that he'd go as far as to sit there just to avoid me. Even when we arrived at the venue, he walked away from me. I tried not to take it to heart but couldn't just ignore that. I was able to cheer up a little when I met my parents and Seungmin. I also met a few of my cousins and friends there. Although the first thing they asked me was how my married life was, I didn't feel bad talking to them.

      We had dinner together, and for some reason, Chan didn't look well. He kept scrunching his nose. It looked like he was in pain or something. He just nibbled on the food and excused himself, disappearing somewhere. When we were all done, he came back. After dinner, I was introduced to some of Chan's business partners and his close friends, Seo Changbin and Han Jisung. Before he could disappear with them again, music started playing and people gathered to the centre to dance.