Chapter 21 Bad Blood

The air was getting dense as I didn't know what to say. Minho was a cop and if I talked too much, Chan could be in trouble. But I also wanted to know how much he knew about Vampires so I could figure out who attacked me yesterday. And he looked persistent on knowing why I was curious.

"Only in movies," I said with a smile.

"But I am curious about how they are in real life," I said.

"Well, no one can say if they are real or not. It's our job to find that out. And even if they do exist, you wouldn't wanna meet one right?" Minho said looking at me sharply.

I tried not to make any expression as he would know that I was lying.

"Waah this guy, don't pretend like I don't exist and you didn't just ignore me right now," Felix whined.

"Eat up, brownie boy," Minho said to Felix and walked out of the living room.

'That guy definitely knew something. Something more than what he said.'

"Y/N?" Felix called snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Do you still miss Jeongin?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah kinda," I said followed by a giggle.

     I chatted with Felix for a little while, mostly about baking. After a fair amount of time, I decided it was time to leave. So I stood up and so did Felix.

"Be careful on the way." He said smiling.

"Yeah, I'll get going then. See you later." I said.

"Yep, I'll walk you downstairs," Felix said.

"It's okay, you don't have to," I said.

     He nodded and I walked to the door and put on my shoes. I waved at him one last time and opened the door to leave. I closed the door behind me and walked to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for it to arrive.

"So, you're married?" A voice came from a few feet beside me. I turned my head to see Minho standing with his arms crossed, leaning on the wall.

"Yes," I said.

"Hmm, but you don't wear a ring." He said walking closer to me.

"Now, that you mention it... I never wore it after the wedding day." I said.

"Is everything okay with your husband?" Minho asked.

The elevator arrived and we got in.

"Everything is okay now," I said and looked down at my hand.

'For the time being that is...'

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," Minho said noticing my discomfort.

I nodded and he pressed the button for the lobby.

"Also I wanted to mention that you have to be careful on your way. Someone was following you when you came here." Minho said.

"Following me?" I questioned with a grim expression.

"There were two guys following you when you walked in through the door. I have to say they're quite good but unfortunately, they can't escape my eyes." Minho said turning to me.

'Could it be the vampires who attacked me yesterday?' I thought.

"If you suspect someone, you can file a report," Minho suggested.

'If I say no, it'll be hard to explain...'

"I'll consider that," I said.

"And, do you know this guy?" Minho asked showing me a picture on his phone.