Chapter 14 I Know

"Uh, What exactly are you doing?" Chan asked.

"Stay still," I said.

"I don't think this will work..." He said.

"We won't know unless we try," I said.

"*sigh*" Chan sighed.

"Okay all done," I said.

     I walked a few steps away from him after tying him up to the chair with a rope. I walked to the light switch and switched it off so that it was completely dark in the room and the only light was the crescent Moon's.

"Uh it's not too tight, is it? I'm sorry but I just want to see how it goes." I said.

"No, it's fine. I'll try to do it then." Chan said.

       He closed his eyes and hung his head low as I watched from a corner of the room. Chan was about to transform into a vampire but this time he was going to do it willingly. I wanted to see if he could because it was an important step to controlling his vampire instincts. Because right now, he was neither a human nor a complete vampire and to be either of those, this step had to be taken.

After dinner, I had taken him to my room and tied his hands to the back of a chair for safety. I kept the windows open and let the moonlight fall in.

Chan was now starting to shake a little bit from what I could make out in the dark. I was getting worried about him. I bit my lip in nervousness.

"Argh!" He grunted.

"Chan are you okay?" I quickly walked towards him.

"I-I'm fine..." He said panting.

A minute or two later, he lifted his head to look at me. His gleaming red eyes looked back at me. I slowly knelt in front of him and carefully looked at his face.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"No, not really." He said.

     I could see his fangs as he talked and his lips parted. His face was paler and his under eyes darkened, his nerves were slightly popping up for some reason as I could see on his temple, neck and arms. And there it was, that intoxicatingly beautiful scent. 'He is hungry... but he's trying to stop himself.' I didn't realize I was staring at him until he broke it to me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Uh, I can't?" I asked.

"Yeah, don't look at me," Chan said.

He turned his head to the side so I couldn't look at it.

"Don't I look scary? Like a hideous monster...?" He said.

"No. I'm not scared of you. I never was."

I said and he turned back to look at me.

"I'm gonna untie you," I said and stood up.

"No! Don't do it just yet," Chan said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I might hurt you if I'm untied just yet..." He said.

"You won't. Besides if you really wanted to, you could have by now." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I didn't tie a knot back there. Your hands are just wrapped in that rope." I said.

Chan blinked in disbelief and pulled his hands out of the rope which easily came off. He snapped his head up at me.

"You shouldn't have." He said.

"I know, but I said-" I was cut off mid-sentence by him.

"You trust me too much for your own good." He said.