Chapter 1 Strangers

The next day, I woke up and got my day started as usual. Soomi told me I had to meet my parents after breakfast to discuss something important. She didn't tell me what it was so I was curious about that. I quickly had breakfast and went to my Father's office. I knocked on the door before opening the door and walking in. I saw Father sitting on his chair across from Mother who was sitting on the sofa in front of Father's table.

They both looked at me and smiled.

"We were waiting for you, Y/N," Mother said.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked as I walked towards the sofa and sat down.

"Well, this might be surprising but we were thinking about your marriage, Y/N," Father said.

My eyes widened and my mouth fell agape when I heard that.

"What?" I asked.

"You heard that right. You're getting married," Mother said.

"I had a discussion with my friend Mr Bang yesterday and he suggested that it would be nice if you and his son, Chan, were wed since we're business partners now," Father said.

'I'm marrying him?'

       I looked down at my hands. 'I never met him before yesterday, I didn't even talk to him once, how can I just marry him? Not just him, I don't want to marry anyone.' Though I didn't want to marry anyone, I did expect this would happen. I was always aware that one day I had to marry a man who I don't even know. And I made a promise to myself long back that when the situation calls for it, I would do what is best for the people I love. I didn't want them to be disappointed in me but I couldn't make a big decision like this just yet.

"I... I need some time to think about it," I said.

"Oh, sure. But we don't have a lot of time. They're kind of in a hurry. You're free to say no but we can't give you a lot of time, dear," Father said.

I nodded.

"It must be hard for you but you have to understand. It's the best we can do to keep our families and business tied for long," Father said.

"Trust me, Chan is a nice guy. I'm sure he'll keep you happy, Y/N," Mother said.

I nodded.

"They have arranged a dinner for us all tomorrow in the celebration your engagement," Father said.

"Okay," I said.

"Can I leave now?" I asked.

Father nodded so I got up and left the room. I closed the door behind me and leaned my back on it. When I lifted my head I saw Seungmin, my little brother standing in front of me.

"They're marrying you off right?" He said with an unreadable expression over his face.

"You'll have all the freedom to fool around now," I said ruffling his hair.

He bent his head down and did not lift it back up when I stopped messing his hair.

"I'll miss you," He said with his head down.

"I'll miss you too, Seungmin," I said.

I held his face in my palms and pulled it up to tease him.

"Oh, so you can cry for someone huh?" I said smirking.

"I wasn't crying!" He protested.

"Hehe. Take care of our parents for me." I said after a giggle.

He nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I sat near the window stirring around the beverage in my hand. It was cloudy outside just like my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about my marriage. At first, I considered just telling them I didn't want to marry him but now that I thought about it, me saying no to the wedding could actually create misunderstandings between both the families and could ruin everything, all because I was too childish.