Prologue

Author's POV

A guy with brown hair, gold eyes and wearing black shirt with best on it is walking back and forth in the room, waiting for a radio call. This is Colonel Y/n Crownguard.

 This is Colonel Y/n Crownguard

Y/n: "Any status on Rescue 9?"

Military1: "Not yet, Sir."

Y/n: "It's been five hours since they left here. That farmhouse shouldn't be that far."

Military1: "Perhaps it encountered many infected on the way."

Y/n: "True. But that truck won't go down easily."

Military1: "May I asked something, Sir?"

Y/n: "Speak."

Military1: "Why did you sent Rescue 9 to the survivors? The last I heard, that farmhouse is overrun by many infected. If you asked me, they'll would have been good as dead, or infected themselves."

Y/n: "They're still Survivors. They didn't come all the way there just to die there. If you were stuck in there, I would have sent a rescue team to save you, even if your chances are low."

Military1: "I see. Thank you so much Sir."

Y/n: "We do what we can to survive, soldier. There's not enough Humanity left in this planet."

As the two of them are talking, the radio starts to receive a signal.

Military2(Radio):" Rock, This is Rescue 9. We've recovered four Tango Mikes. Please Advice."

Then Y/n grab the mic.

Y/n: "Rescue 9. This is Col. Crownguard. Bypass Echo and return to Millhaven, Over.

Military2(Radio): "Copy that, Sir. ETA 50 minutes. Rescue 9 Out."

Y/n: "Sergeant, prepare some welcome party by the entrance. Rescue 9 will probably be having some infected on it's tail when they arrive."

Military1: "Yes Sir!"

The Sergeant grab his radio and prepare for the Rescue 9's arrival while Y/n walk to the window, and saw many dead infected being buried.

Y/n(Mind): "I wonder how long will this place last."

He look by the gate and saw some soldiers are putting barb wire beside the gate.

Military1: "Sir?"

Y/n: "What is it?"

Military1: "You've encountered some infected, right?"

Y/n: "Yeah. What about it?"

Military: "Can you tell me about the one with a long tongue?"