Chapter 06: The Concert

Author's POV

Staff: "Sir, we have an incoming call."

Mike: "Bring it in."

The Staff types in his keyboard, and the screen shows a man in a white suit, long brown hair that matches his beard and mustache.

Mike: "Derek Simmons."

Simmons: "General Crownguard. I've heard that you've already received all the bombs that will clear the infected. Why aren't you still using it?"

Mike: "Because the due time of dropping them is within six more days. We still have some survivors coming here."

Simmons: "What makes you so sure that any of those survivors aren't carriers?"

Mike: "We already have special equipment that can detect if their carriers. And if they are, we have separate rooms for them."

Simmons: "Why wasting your time on saving carriers?"

Mike: "Because that's not who we are. Even if there's a slight chance of saving them, we'll take it."

Simmons: "...... The President will be waiting for the news on those bombs, if you haven't-"

Mike: "We've already informed the President on the time and day where will drop those bombs. So all we have to do now, is play the 'Waiting Game'. And besides, my son is still out there, saving more people than most of your men could."

Simmons didn't take that lightly, and just glared at Mike while he glared back at him.

Simmons: "Not everyone needed saving, General. The ones you save can sometimes be your downfall."

Mike: "I'll keep that in mind. Make sure that you do too, Simmons."

He ended the call before sighing.

Mike: "Prick."

=WHISPERING OAKS=

Y/n and the others is still resting inside the Tunnel of Love safe rooms.

Francis: "Man, I'm starting to get hungry."

Louis: "Me too. I hope we can get across some popcorn around here."

Annie: "I just wish that it's not contaminated."

Rochelle: "Maybe Y/n could cook some for us. He did cook us some food when we were escaping from the mall."

Coach: "Gotta admit, that the best food I had since this apocalypse."

Nick: "That's the only food we had since this apocalypse started."

Ellis: "Hey, an hour is already up. We better get going."

He was about to wake Y/n-up, when he instantly grabs his pistol and points it at Ellis, who raised his hands.

Ellis: "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"

Y/n opens his eyes and saw Ellis in front of him with his hands up.

Y/n: "Sorry. My body acts on it's own when I'm asleep."

Nick: "Your hand instantly grabs your gun and shoots someone in front of you?"

Y/n: "Yeah."