Chapter 05: Whispering Oaks

Author's POV

Y/n and the survivors continue to ride down the road, while bumping away abandon cars on the road.

Jeff: "Do you think there's still people out there?"

Annie: "Can't say. If they are, they'd probably turned or eaten."

Jeff: "Hey, Louis. When you guys were heading to that farm house, did you pass-by other survivors?"

Louis: "We did. But all of them just turned into zombies."

Francis: "And Zoey likes shooting Helicopter pilots, crashing us down on the ground."

Zoey: "He turned into a ZOMBIE, Francis. He wasn't going to it anyway."

Annie: "How many people did you guys encounter?"

Zoey: "About 4. But all of them turned into zombies before we can even reach that farm house."

Jeff: "How come they all turned into zombies?"

Y/n: "That's because they're not immune like us."

Francis: "Immune?"

Y/n: "Everyone that's still alive out here are now immune. We can't turn into zombies, but that doesn't mean we're still safe."

Jeff: "Because of those special infected."

Y/n: "Not just them. Other survivors out there won't hesitate to shoot us, even if we're not infected."

Louis: "In this situation they're still not trusting the others?"

Y/n: "You can't easily reason with them. If they want to be left alone, then we'll do that. If they want to come with us, then we'll let them. But you mustn't put your whole trust to them. You'll never know that they might kill you in your sleep or take all your equipment, leaving you in the middle of the apocalypse without any weapon to defend yourself."

Francis: "But what about that jackass in a suit? How did he trust you?"

Y/n: "At first he didn't. I just prove myself to be trustworthy, by taking them the New Orleans."

Annie: "Sir, we got a Witch ahead."

Y/n: "I see her."

He hit the gas and ran the Witch over, killing it by squishing her head by the tire.

Annie: "What the hell is that?"

She look up front and saw a zombie walking in the middle of the road, wearing a straightjacket.

Y/n: "Screamer."

Zoey: "Screamer?"

Y/n: "A new type of Special Infected that will scream, calling the hordes."

The Screamer spotted the Humvee and starts screaming.

Louis: "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!"

Francis: "KILL IT! RUN IT OVER!"

The Humvee accelerated and run pass the Screamer. As soon as the two cars pass by, the Screamer didn't scream anymore, because there's a grenade plugging it's mouth.

The grenade exploded, killing the  Screamer.

Y/n: "It's getting dark out."

Francis: "Uh-oh. Louis is scared of the dark."