Chapter 01: Another Survivors

Author's POV

As Y/n's chopper is heading back to the Yggdrasil Base, he look down the city and saw many Zombie crawling all over the place.

Pilot: "I wonder when will this nightmare going to end."

Y/n: "It will only end if one side is done for. But we'll make sure that our side will win this."

Pilot: "By the way Sir, if you don't mind me asking."

Y/n: "What is it?"

Pilot: "Who was that girl kissed you?"

Y/n: "That's Zoey. My girlfriend back in college."

Pilot: "She's lucky to survive on this onslaught. Many people lost their love ones. Even me. I lost my wife and daughter. I had the chance to save them but I didn't took it."

Y/n: "I'm sorry for your lose."

Pilot: "Thank you Sir. All I can do for now is to help fight off these bastards."

Y/n: "Don't worry. When this is all over, your Family can rest now."

As they continue flying, Y/n saw a Tank on the rooftop, carrying a boulder.

Y/n: "Watch out!"

They manage to dodge the Tank's attack but they didn't saw another Tank throw another boulder at them and it hit the chopper's tail.

Pilot: "Mayday! Mayday! This is Z1A! We've been hit by a Special Infected's attack! We are going down! I repeat! We are going down!"

The Pilot tried it's best to do a safe landing but he failed and the chopper got crashed on a billboard. But luckily the chopper didn't explode when it hit the ground. Y/n kick the door and crawls out while his shoulder wounded.

Y/n: "Fucking Tanks!"

He look back inside the chopper and saw the Pilot is still there, but stuck on his seat.

Y/n: "Come on Jake. We need to get you out of there."

Jake: "D-Don't Sir.... T-Those things will get here any soon. G-Get out of here while you still can."

Y/n: "Like hell I'll leave you here."

Jake: "P-Please Sir.... T-This is my opportunity to be with my Family...."

He opens his bag and Y/n saw a bunch of Grenade on it.

Y/n: "Jake....."

Jake: "Please Sir..... Get out of here, while you still can."

Y/n grab his gun inside as well as a first aid kit to himself.

Y/n: "I won't let your Sacrifice go in vein, Jake. I promise you, our side will win this."

He starts to run as he heard the Tanks roar coming closer. When the Tanks get to the chopper, Jake pulled the Grenade pin, sacrificing himself to kill the three Tanks.

Y/n is on an alley, saluted at Jake before continuing his way. As he's walking, he heard voices nearby.

???1: "That Chopper crash just near here."

???2: "Why are we even heading there? You all heard the explosion right? So there's nothing good there now. It's all turned into ashes."

???3: "Nick's right. With that explosion too loud, it probably attract many zombies."