2. Texture

Tendou stretched back, grinning. "You wanna try with music?" Suga nodded, excited. He got up and shrugged off his jacket. Tendou stood and got into his place on the floor. "Whew. Okay."

"Close your eyes. Deep breath."

"I'm not nervous, trust me." Tendou shook out his fingers. "Okay start it."

Suga clicked a remote and then tossed it on his jacket. He started first, taking energetic steps forward. Tendou grabbed his shoulder and twisted him, going ahead and starting to dance along with him.

Tendou was the most skilled on his team so Suga liked dancing with him, grinning and giggling.

"Hey can we do single ladies after this?"

Tendou chuckled. "Of course." Suga nodded, excited. He ducked down and Tendou laughed at him. "Whew. We're almost done."

Sugawara just kept dancing, giggling. Tendou wasn't laughing but he kept going, concentrated.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy dancing but he was concentrated on it. He loved what he was doing, dancing and doing the flips he'd taught himself to do.

Everything he'd learned and done was amazing to him. Dancing was amazing to him.

Tendou eventually plopped on the ground, panting.

Suga plopped down in front of him. "I got the last steps wrong."

"No, no it's fine." Tendou closed his eyes. He laid out on the floor and fanned himself with his hand. "You did good."

Suga crawled over and laid across Tendou's waist.

"Gah. Why're you so affectionate?"

"It's weird how you crave affection but you keep refusing it." Suga mumbled. He turned his head. "Do I need to tell Semi or Goshiki to snuggle you? Is that what you need?"

Tendou sighed. He closed his eyes. "Why bother?"

"Cause we love ya." Suga sat up and stretched. "Lets go ahead and finish up here."

"Mm." Tendou got up. Today when they stepped outside it was just chilly, the sun peeking through the sparse clouds. Tendou shivered. "I need to stop wearing hoodies and jeans out here. Fall fucking sucks."

Suga chuckled. "You'll be fine."

Tendou shrugged. "I suppose I will. Or not. We never know."

Suga rolled his eyes. "Oh the mystery of whether Satori might drop dead or find something other than dance."

Tendou laughed. "You're stupid."

Suga fake gasped. "Rude."

"Ooh wow we're just ignoring that you called me a dumbass a few days ago."

"Yes."

"Wow."

"Mhmm." Suga opened the door. "Gah. Are you gonna get something cold again?"

"Well yeah."

Suga nodded. "So you'll stay cold."

"I guess." Tendou sat down. "Go fuck your fiance man. I've got this."

Sugawara leaned down and tapped his nose with a finger. "Good luck."

"I will bite you."

"Ack."

"I will."

Suga walked away and Tendou went to his phone. He ignored the music and the loud drunken chatter. He pulled his hoodie up and yawned loudly. "Excuse me?"

Tendou turned off his phone and looked up. He smiled. "Well hello there."

"Hello. What would you like?"

Tendou leaned forward. "Cherry sour. With vodka."

The bartender nodded. He picked up a glass and turned to get a bottle of vodka.

"Hey."

"Didn't I already say hello?"

Tendou nodded. "You did but I don't know your name. Do you mind telling it to me?"

The other male nodded. "Wakatoshi Ushijima."

Tendou nodded. "Well Ushijima, I'm Satori Tendou." He smiled. "You seem a little confused."

Ushijima started mixing. "I'm not used to being talked to like this. I'm very sorry." He glanced around, hands still doing exactly as he needed.

"You don't like talking, do you?"

"No." Ushijima started pouring. "I'm not good at it."

"Ah. Okay. That's cool. Do like being talked to? Cause if not, I'll be quiet."

Ushijima shook his head. "I enjoy listening."

Tendou smiled. Ushijima had seemed a little rude at first but he was just nervous. That was perfectly fine. It happened. He yawned quietly. "You have very nice eyes."

Ushijima paused. He smiled faintly before setting the glass down.

Tendou noted the smile. Ushijima was so strange. Strange is what he liked. "Thank you." He sipped at the drink and laughed. "This is really good."

"Thank you."

"No problem at all." Tendou glanced over and saw Sugawara staring at him. He flicked him off.

"Ah isn't that very rude?"

Tendou nodded. "Typically. But he's my friend."

Ushijima nodded. Tendou looked back at him and Ushijima looked away instantly.

Tendou sighed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine. Thank you."

Tendou watched Ushijima start to clean up a bit and then flinch away from something. Ushijima hurried away to Daichi, who walked into the backroom with him. Tendou gestured for Sugawara.

Suga came over. "What's wrong?"

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah. He just touched the wrong thing and it freaked him out."

"Huh?"

"Certain textures don't feel good to him. That's all."

Tendou blinked. "Ah. Okay."

Suga nodded. He seemed a little nervous. Ushijima came back when Tendou finished his drink. "Hello."

"Hi! You okay?"

Ushijima nodded. He had gloves on now, thin black latex ones Tendou had seen at the drug store at least once. He tilted his head but kept quiet. "Would you like another one?"

"Sure!"

"An Tendou careful, you have school tomorrow." Suga warned.

"Afternoon classes though."

Suga rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Tendou chuckled. He picked up the cherries from the glass and popped them in his mouth. "I'll be fine."

"That's what they all say."

Ushijima looked up from working on another drink. "But not everyone says that?"

"No, no it's a metaphor. It means he's probably wrong." Suga reassured gently. "It's okay."

Ushijima nodded and returned to his work.

Tendou hummed. He was given another glass and finished this one a bit quicker. Suga got him something to eat and some water, worried sick he'd get drunk. Tendou ended up leaning against the bar, giggling at Suga and flirting with Daichi, which Suga and Daichi both laughed at.

Suga got Tendou up and took him home, warning Goshiki about him being tipsy.

Goshiki just climbed into the bed with Tendou and snuggled up against him to stop him from doing something stupid. Tendou just laughed and held on, snuggling up with him and falling asleep.