26. Chest

Ushijima woke up again, worried. He had his head on Tendou's chest, listening to him breath as he slept. It was odd. Well not listening because he had to listen to sleep.

But it was odd because of what he was hearing.

Usually Tendou's breathing was even and slow, almost like the ocean. Ushijima loved the ocean.

But right now it sounded kind of choppy. Like a storm on the ocean.

Tendou would wake up soon, so Ushijima could warn him.

When Tendou did wake up he looked like he was still tired. So it was odd. Everything was odd. Ushijima watched him. "Satori?"

"Mm?" Tendou stopped rubbing his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhmm." Tendou yawned. He started to get up but quickly held Ushijima's shoulder. "Woah."

"Woah what?"

"Dizzy. Like really dizzy."

Ushijima pulled out his phone and went into a search bar. He typed quickly before laying Tendou down gently. "What is wrong with your breathing? Are you having issues with it?"

"Kinda but I'm sure it's fine. Everything's fine." Tendou sighed shakily.

"How do your heart beats feel?"

"I don't pay attention to that Ushy. Again, I'm sure it's fine."

"Does it feel like a thumping against the inside of your chest?"

Tendou blinked. "Yeah."

"Alright. Probably a heart attack but I don't know."

"Bub. Google thinks everything is a heart attack. Plus there's no pain in my left arm. It's not a heart attack love." Tendou looked at him and smiled. "I'm just a lil out of breath."

Ushijima frowned. "You were asleep. It's worrying. I know how it sounds when you sleep."

"Ah. Well. That sucks I guess."

"Can I at least take you to the hospital, just in case?"

"Fine, fine." Tendou sat up. His head began swimming right after. Ushijima held him gently, easing him up and into something a bit more presentable.

By the time Ushijima had gotten him dressed Tendou was panting, kind of exhausted. Ushijima was visibly concerned. "Don't worry about your shoes."

"Ah wait I need them though-"

"Satori listen to me. Don't worry about it." Ushijima felt of Tendou's pulse and hurried him out of the door.

"Ow, ow, ow."

"Ow? It hurts now?"

"Yeah. My chest feels really weird and… whew… kinda hurts."

Ushijima hefted him up and put him into the car. "Just relax. It's okay."

"You look like you're gonna have a panic attack. You okay?"

"Just… be quiet. Try to relax."

Tendou nodded. He closed his eyes, relaxing. He felt Ushijima take his hand into his own and felt a tender press against the back of his hand. A kiss. Tendou smiled. "Ushy…?"

"Hm?" Ushijima listened. No noise. Ushijima glanced over. "Satori-?"

"Hm?"

"You said my nickname?"

"Ah."

"Are you okay?"

"I hope they put me in a coma. I'm so tired and my insomnia is fucking around with me."

"Ah… I'll help with that. Don't worry. Just try and relax."

Tendou nodded.

****

When they got into the hospital Tendou was taken away from Ushijima into another room. Ushijima had to sit on his own in the waiting room, ignoring the little kids who commented about his stims and head tics.

It was uncomfortable but they were just children. It happened a lot.

Ushijima fiddled with his bangs, trying to be patient.

A doctor came out and Ushijima was allowed to see Tendou, who gave him his hoodie. "Hey Bub."

"Hello… are you okay?"

"They're gonna shock my heart, okay? It won't hurt cause I'll be asleep. Keep my hoodie warm for me while I'm out."

Ushijima held the hoodie close, nodding.

"Thank you…" Tendou put his hand up. "Come here."

Ushijima hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Mm… okay. See you later Bub."

"I'll see you later." He kissed his forehead. He walked back out and sat in the waiting room again.

It was taking too long again.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

Twenty.

Thirty.

Forty five.

Ushijima was going to cry he was so nervous. They were just going to shock his heart. It was close to an hour. What the hell was going on?

Ushijima got up, going to the desk in the corner of the room. "Excuse me is Tendou Satori going to come out soon?"

"Hm? Are you his boyfriend?"

"Um… yes?"

"Alright. Here you go." She gave him a note.

Ushijima took it and stepped back. This was Tendou's blocky writing.

'Hey bub. Sorry about this. They found my self harm. Not on my hands but on my waist. The deep ones. They're making me go to the psych ward. It's gonna be okay, I promise. Take a deep breath and unclench your jaw. I'm okay. You're okay. You'll see me in no time.'

Ushijima read it over again before going to his car and sitting there. Not stimming. Not moving. Just staring at the steering wheel.

Ushijima took a deep breath.

Where was he supposed to go? What was he supposed to do?

Home. He needed to go home.

Tendou wasn't home though.

No one was at home.

Well. Flip was there but she didn't listen to him rant about turtles and how if he wanted a damned pink case for his phone he should be able to get it without some teen boy making fun of him.

Who was he going to talk to?

How the hell was he going to sleep?

Ushijima started the car, going off and going to his apartment. He went to his room and shut the door.

Slowly, he crawled into bed. Tendou's hoodie was safe in his arms.

Ushijima rubbed the hoodie with his thumb gently. He sniffed.

This wasn't Tendou. But it smelled like him.

Ushijima burrowed his face into the hoodie. His chest felt tight.

Health problem?

No. No it wasn't that.

Ushijima was… sad.

Way more sad then he had been in a while. It hurt so bad. Ushijima started to cry, overwhelmed already. Tendou was his favorite person in the whole world. And now he wasn't there.

"I want Satori… I want…" Ushijima started sobbing. "I want my love!"