20. Pure

Daichi watched Tendou walk straight past him, to the living room where Ushijima was seated on the floor. "Hey Bub." 

Ushijima looked up. "Hi Satori."

"Whatcha doin?"

"Starting a puzzle." He pointed to the coffee table. Ushijima pulled Tendou into his lap.

Tendou giggled softly. "Aw look who's affectionate."

Ushijima played with the edge of his shirt, quiet.

"You okay?"

"Mhmm." He kept working on the puzzle.

Tendou nodded. Ushijima tended to quiet down when he was focused so this was okay.

Daichi was sitting closer to the kitchen, going through something on his laptop.

Tendou yawned. "We just gonna sit today?"

"Would you like to do something?"

"I dunno… Hm. Maybe an at home date."

Daichi got up, looking at his phone. "I need to go. Good luck with that."

"You good?"

"Yeah… Suga's just… I'll explain later."

"Okay…"

Daichi walked out.

Tendou turned back to Ushijima. "I have practice tonight."

"I'm driving you there."

"Mhmm." Tendou rubbed his hair. "Okay… how about we make a fort later and watch a movie? That should be nice and calm." Ushijima looked up at him. "Do you like that idea?"

"Hm… that sounds nice."

"Great…" Tendou smiled as he ran his fingers through Ushijima's hair.

Ushijima tilted his head back, humming softly.

Tendou smiled. He put their foreheads together, smiling as Ushijima relaxed. "Bub…"

"Mm?" Ushijima's brows raised slightly.

"You sleepy?"

"Mm mm."

Tendou chuckled softly. "You're so cute…"

****

When Tendou was walking up from the bar with Ushijima, he seemed very happy. He'd gone straight for Ushijima's hand and held on. He was even wearing a small smile on his face.

Ushijima seemed happy compared to what others saw in public.

It felt nice.

"So. I'm gonna show off my flips again. You're gonna be amazing and make drinks." Tendou let go of Ushijima's hand. "Okay?"

Ushijima nodded.

"Great! I'll see you later then!" Tendou pecked his lips, starting to turn to leave.

"Satori you just… um…"

"Kissed you." Tendou turned around frowned. "With no warning. You okay?"

"Do it again."

"Huh?!"

"Do it again." Ushijima repeated, looking Tendou in the eye.

Tendou laughed, going back to him. He put his arms up. "Come here Ushy!"

Ushijima leaned down and Tendou pulled him into a hug, pressing his lips firm against Ushijima's. Ushijima was surprisingly fast in catching onto what to do, pressing back very carefully and hugging back.