Things to learn - Chapter 2

While Feliciano was in his room getting ready, Ludwig took the oppertunity to call Gilbert. He dialed his phone number, hoping his brother would pick up.

..

"Hello? It's the awesome big bruderrr you have reached!" a loud voice shouted.

"Hello bruder. I have met the new servant Feliciano. What hell were you thinking when you hired him?" Ludwig asked sternly, feeling at loss for words. He followed up by putting a hand to his forehead as a sign of resignation. How on earth did Gilbert come to the conclusion to hire that man out of all the competent people out there? 

"Kesesese, isn't he perfect bruder!? Don't ya' think the guy looks familiar?" Gilbert replied, dropping the confidence on the last sentence, sounding more curious than usual.

Ludwig stopped immediatly and stared at the staircase he was about to enter. Familiar? 

"Explain yourself, what do you mean with familiar?"

"Isn't he? Seems like a mistake, but he is perfect nonetheless!" Gilbert hastily replied.  "He has the skills you looked for, he is very likeable and he is just your type!" Gilbert continued sounding self-satisfied.

Ludwig could hear Gilbert's rowdy laugh, as he felt the blood rush to his face.

"I have no type thank you" he shot back, replying too fast and too obvious. 

"Your amazing big bro will be home by tomorrow, make sure to bring the new kid!" was the last thing Gilbert rushed to said before hanging up. 

Ludwig wondered what the hell he was thinking, as he returned to walk towards the main entrance hall. Maybe he was just being too critical towards the Italian, he tried to reason with himself. He had to remember that Gilbert might seem out of order, but he often has reason in his own mysterious ways. In a sense, his brother was like an iceberg; the surface tells you nothing about what lies beneath.

He ultimately decided to cast away all uneccesary thoughts at that point in time. 

~~~~

After a while of getting lost in the mansion, running through multiple rooms with all sorts of paintings, decorations and portraits of what he assumed to be family relatives, he somehow found himself in the main entrance hall where he first had arrived. Running through the masion made him wish for better guidance to navigate the place. Feliciano belted out a deep sigh, thinking that the previous mansions he had worked at had been smaller and easier to navigate. Feliciano took his hands to his knees to catch some air, before spotting Ludwig behind the oak desk as he stood outside the west wing door.

A sense of relief came over the Italian.

"I'm coming, I just had to get my breath back!" he shouted excitedly, standing up to wave his hands so Ludwig could see him. Feliciano watched him do a small wave back, which made him smile. 

After mustering up energy, he managed to walk up to where Ludwig was sitting.

"I am sure I will get fit by running around this mansion" he once again breathlessly muttered before slumping down into the chair that was in front of the desk. 

"You were four minutes late, so we have to go through the plan quick" Ludwig said with a hint of annoyance, completely disregarding Felicianos lack of energy. 

Were all Germans this rutheless? Feliciano started to wonder.

..

Ludwig had been explaining the routines of the house for the last half hour to him, but Feliciano struggled to grasp it all mentally. He talked about everything like they were preparing for war.