Chapter 6 Part B

Feliciano knocked on the door carefully, waiting for a sign to enter. When he had left earlier Ludwig seemed tired, so there was no damage in being cautious. On his way back he had brought breakfast with him on a little cart, filled with more than enough for both. He made sure to get black coffee for Ludwig and a cappucino for himself, along with some bread, butter and various things to have on. He would probably be hungry from all the activity from last night, so it didn't hurt to get some food in him. 

"Feliciano?"

Upon hearing his name, he opened the door slowly, taking a look in before opening it all the way.

"It's just me" Feliciano answered, still standing in the doorway. Ludwig had changed into a white shirt and some dark jeans, sitting beside a small table that was placed in his room. It seemed he had found a book from the library to entertain himself with while he had waited. He looked composed and stylish as he closed his book.

"Ah, you brought breakfast. I was almost worried I had to go down and get some myself"

"Of course not, I would never let you starve, what do you even think of me!? My grandpa would roll in his grave if I wasn't able to feed someone under such conditions!" Feliciano burst out, nearly offended. He took a defeated breath. "But I guess Elizabeta did send me back here after all..." he admitted. 

Ludwig's eyes looked tired as they gained eye contact, before looking at the space between them, silently nodding in response to what he said. 

"What about we eat breakfast, before it gets cold" he offered, gesturing Feliciano towards the table and the avaliable chair. 

"Oh yes, of course! I got you black coffee like always" Feliciano beamed, ready to eat.

He grabbed the cart and brought it over to the table where Ludwig was seated. Despite trying to not mess up anything he managed to spill some of his coffee on the table while simultaneously dropping a piece of bread on the floor. Just when it couldnt get worse he ended up giving him two knives instead of a knife and a fork. 

"Feliciano" he sighed. "Just let me put everything on the table, I think it will be easier"

"B-But, it's my job" he sulked, even if he knew it was a mess. At this point Feliciano realized he wasn't just a clown, he understood he was the entire circus. "I want to be useful at something"

"I think helping each other makes everything far more enjoyable" Ludwig comforted, helping him tidy the mess and put things back in order.

"You're too nice to me" Feliciano replied as he sat himself down next to him. He grabbed a piece of bread and spread butter all over it, studying Ludwig between glances. He had already gotten himself a slice of bread, topping it with cheese and a cucumber slices. Between bites and idle chat, the coffee disappeared before anything else. For a moment everything seemed fine, even if they were eating in Ludwig's bedroom and the mood turned weird when things were quiet.

..

"Ludwig, we should talk about yesterday" Feliciano said once the chat had died down.  

"What specifically about yesterday?" Ludwig hesitated, obviously stalling the conversation. 

"You know, yesterday?"

"What part?"

"What do you mean what part? Y-e-s-t-e-r-d-a-y"

"Could.. you be more specific?" 

"Just begin where you want, you know what I mean!" Feliciano answered impatiently, coming across more annoyed than he wished. Only Ludwig could make him lose his cool like Romano lost his cool about every inconvenience he encountered since he was a baby.