Chapter 9

/ A while later /

Afterwards they both agreed to take a shower. In their respective rooms of course.

Feliciano didn't feel like he could look anyone in the eye, knowing he had been railed by his boss who-also-happened-to-be-his-boyfriend. A shower would clear his conscience, even if it was just a little bit.

It wasn't classy he admitted, bundling his clothes in his arms, sprinting out the door and into the room he was supposed to be relaxing and packing out in.

But, it was worth it. 

Feliciano hurriedly got dressed, finding a new pair of clothes to wear. While checking himself in the mirror he patted himself down, trying to style his hair, but there was always that one hair that didn't comply. Without caring too much, he left his room and knocked firmly on his door.

The beautifully wooden-carved door opened, revealing Ludwig who was dressed in fine clothing. A dark suit with a dark tie to match to be exact. His hair was slicked back to perfection. 

Feliciano admired the blonde as he got himself ready. Despite seeing him dressed formally often, it was still a sight to behold. 

--

"Hey, what type of person is Roderich?" Feliciano asked as they made their way to the lounge. Ludwig's pace was quick and determined, making his own pace quicker than he was used to. 

"How to describe him huh.. Firstly he's very into classical music I guess" Ludwig said thoughtfully. "If he seems annoyed that's probably not your fault, his baseline is somewhat stressed" His face broke into a small smile.

Feliciano thought for a moment before speaking. "I wonder what drew Elizabeta to him" he chuckled. It was slightly embarrassing to think he worried about her liking Ludwig. 

Despite everything, there was something bothering him ever since they arrived and left the bedrooms. It was like a tiny voice in the back of his head screaming at him, notice me, notice me, notice me! Feliciano wasn't able to pinpoint what was bothering him, or what the unnerving feeling was. To him, it was like an itch he couldn't scratch. 

"Are you nervous?" Ludwig questioned, looking worriedly at Feliciano. "I appreciate peace and quiet, but it's not quite like you" His brows were furrowed together.

"Ah. No, I was just thinking of meeting Roderich. I feel like there is something I'm forgetting, but I'm probably just tired" he confessed, scratching off a scab in his neck. "He has an interesting name too"

"I.. guess?" was the last thing Ludwig said before they approached the stairs that would lead them down to the lounge. 

Ludwig stopped for a brief moment before walking down. "If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to tell me" His eyes were darker than usual, fitting to the serious tone in his voice. It was his way of showing worry.

"Thank you, really" Feliciano affirmed, looking him in his eyes. "Let's meet them!" 

--

Feliciano opened the door that lead to the lounge, entering himself after Ludwig had gone in first. The wide and open room was old-fashioned and grandiose. In the corner of the room there was a big piano and on the walls were portraits of what he presumed to be family members from way back. It felt like they had traveled back to the previous century. It wouldn't have surprised him if nothing was changed from the time it was decorated.