Chapter 7

/After breakfast West wing office / 09:30/

He checked his clock for the tenth time as if it would magically make the situation less boring. When they arrived to the office Ludwig had gone straight inside and Feliciano decided to wait by the door, despite the look he recieved. The words of Marie had stuck to him, reminding him that when Ludwig made phone calls you were to wait outside as a part of the way things worked. Ludwig had never told him he couldn't, but for once he wanted to do his job properly, so he did. 

There wasn't much to look at in the hallway, other than the old fashioned carpet and the out of date decorated walls. Outside the office there weren't as many pictures like there was around the bedroom hallway or the rest of the second floor. It was quiet and less creaky than many of the other places of the mansion though. With nothing to do he quietly slid himself down to sit on the carpet, continuing to have his back against the wall. Why stand if there was nothing to do?

The bad thing about waiting outside was the fact that he wasn't distracted by anything. When his attention wasn't grabbed by something, his mind would fall back to the relentless thoughts. After realizing his feelings for Ludwig, he honestly believed it would be fine as he was feeling ready to move on. Once the possibility to find him arised, the true extent of his supressed feelings resurfaced and he was left feeling torn between what to do.

What would even happen if they found him? Because there were so many things that could happen.

This was however a decision he couldn't make by himself, because now Ludwig was calling his friend in Austria in a bid to help him find his childhood crush. So his plan was to tell Ludwig everything he had on his mind once he was done.

If possible he wanted to explore the chances of them being an item. A couple. 

He wanted to prove Romano wrong by loving Ludwig for the man he is, and proving to himself that he loved Ludwig not just due to the similarities. That was, if Ludwig even was interested in him back.

Resignedly he leaned his head against the wall. He could at least close his eyes and enjoy a little siesta.

--

Ludwig waited for the signal to come through, asking the butler who answered to direct it to Roderich. It didn't take long before the familiar voice spoke with a huff and a question. 

"Ludwig?"

"Good morning Roderich, I assume you anticipated this call"

"I had my guesses, what will your business be? If you have a goal, that is"

"Well, I firstly thought it would be nice to introduce to my butler, did I ever tell you his name?"

"I don't believe so"

"Really? My bad, but his name is Feliciano Vargas and has been with me for over a month"

Roderich halted for a moment, hastily putting down the tea cup he had in his hand before replying over the phone.

"Can.... you repeat that, his name?" Roderich asked in a serious demeanor, asking what seemed like out of the blue, to Ludwig's suprise.

"Ah, I said his name is Feliciano Vargas" 

In a moment of disbelief, Roderich pinched his nose bridge with his free hand.

"I see" 

Ludwig awaited for more commentary but nothing came. 

"Do you find his name strange?" he asked. His reaction was strange and out of the ordinary. 

"No... I assume he is Italian" Roderich eventually said.