The Witch's Routine

It's was a lovely sunny morning. The birds were chirping just outside the morning dew covered windowpane, singing their hood morning's to any who could hear. It had rained the night before, the sun's light shining through the droplets still on the glass and casting a beautiful rainbow light show all throughout the lady's cozy bedroom.

The sun shone brighter as it rose like the visual representation of a siren's raising volume. The birds adding to the natural morning alarm, making the lady turn to her side to face the window as her dark brown eyes slowly blinked open and adjusted.

She had one chocolate coloured arm tucked under the fluffy pillow pinned under her head. Her legs were tangled in the bed sheets, blankets tossed aside, all evidence she had been tossing and turning during the night.

Her phone, sitting on her night stand beside her bed plugged in and charging, began to go off on vibrate and shake itself close to the edge. With a sigh, the lady grabbed the phone and slid the button to off, canceling her now pointless alarm.

She then pushed herself up into a sitting position, dangling her legs off the edge of her bed while still facing the window. She must have forgotten to shut the curtains last night because they were wide open.

Placing a hand in her long, messy, gold-tipped-black curly hair and sighing once more, Amity stood up from her bed and slipped on her soft morning slippers before walking to her bathroom to start the day.

It was the weekend, but for a witch like Amity there was always work to do. This girl loved to keep herself busy-not that she was afraid of being bored, she just very much preferred having something to do than sitting around doing next to nothing at all.

It was hardly even 9:30 am when she grabbed her now fully charged phone and left her bedroom in a casual yet 'okay-to-get-dirty' kind of outfit. She tucked her phone into her pocket, humming a tune that seemed to be stuck in her head since she woke up.

Walking into the kitchen, Amity said good morning to her puppy as he barked up at her happily, wagging his little tail excitedly. "Morning to you too, Basil." She chuckled, bending down to give the golden-Lab mix a head-pat before grabbing him some breakfast from the low cupboard and refilling his water dish. The puppy ate eagerly, as energetic as a puppy could be in the morning.

Amity smiled at Basil and continued on with her day rather routinely. She quickly made herself a blueberry bagel, popping it in the toaster while she brewed a fresh pot of coffee, setting a mug in front of it so she could pour herself a cup when it was ready.

With her breakfast made, Amity sat at her small table with her phone, unlocking it and checking over her lists. "Feed the dog: Check, next we go for a walk and-" her checking was interrupted by a small 'yip' near her feet.

Basil had quickly caught on to Amity's weekend routines and knew when he was going on walks. What dog didn't love walks? The little guy already had the leash in front of him, looking up at his human partner expectantly. "You little rascal, I need to eat before we can go!" she chuckled. Basil only tilted his head before barking again, not quite getting why she hadn't moved from the table yet. He's pretty impatient.

Soon the two had gone for their walk and Amity came home, ready to get on with the rest of her day as planned. "Okay. Dog fed, I had breakfast, Basil was walked, now time to water and repot." She instructed herself while going through the list on her phone again.

The lady went to a hallway closet and grabbed an empty spray bottle, then heading to the kitchen to fill it. She filled it near the base of the bottle's neck and twisted the lid back on before walking to a very leafy plant and spraying it. The water came out as a mist and fell on the leaves, being soaked up by the plant once landing.

She continued doing this around the house until she moved on to actually watering the soil in the pots for the roots to soak up and grow. She made sure all the plants in her cottage-like house were all watered, minus the few that were to be repotted.

She repotted a few succulents and herbs before watering them and cleaning everything up after brushing of her hands. "Plants repotted and watered." She told herself proudly. The knees on her jeans had patches of dirt, indicating how big a mess she had made. "I'll fix that later" she sighed, glancing down at her outfit.

She went into a cupboard and picked out a pair of scissors meant for plants. "Now time to trip them before lunch" Amity Muttered to herself, going back around the house collecting leaves and stems off some of the plants. She had collected leaves to use for tea, for baking and other uses. She always tried to save trimming the plants for the weekend when she could. Sometimes she'd have to trim one early if it was quickly over growing or starting to die.

Amity put them leaves on the windowsill to dry, Basil prancing around her feet waiting for lunch. The puppy had hardly finished the bowl of kibble from earlier, too excited for a walk, so Amity didn't add very much to the dish. While he was eating, she changed out his water so it was fresh once more.

Quickly grabbing a small Round glass shaker from the cupboard, Amity moved to the bathroom in her bedroom and to the sink where a small fishbowl sat. A lone female Beta fish swam around in the clear water. Amity popped open the container, shaking a tiny bit into her hand before carefully sprinkling that into the fishbowl. "Eat up, pepper." Amity smiles as Pepper ate her daily meal.

Amity thought about what she would do next today. She could work on a spell like protection for a friend or family member, good health for her pets or plants or she could work on a painting to hang up on her wall, maybe set up an offering on her alter for her pantheon. There were plenty of things she could do! Any one of these things wouldn't brake away from the daily routine of a witch, as witched do many a variety of things each day. This is just how it is for a witch like Amity.