Breathless

HEY YOU! Yes you the person reading my book! How are you sunshine? 😊 I wanna thank you for reading thus far, but do me a favor....

VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER RIGHT NOW; spam my notifications for a chance to be written in to the novel.

See what I do when I need more name inspiration 😅🤍

Onward to the story—

**

"Wait huh?" Blake said suddenly. "Cali is your sister?"

"Remember I told you I went into Lucina's dream earlier today...I was angry and I wanted answers like Cali said and....I was just there." She explained. "And I saw it all Cali...I saw everything." Her voice broke. "She made us as weapons. Gabe, me, you..."

I shook my head. "No...no, I'm...my mom had me." I argued. "I'm not your sister"-

"Your parents were unable to conceive for years...it's why they were looking to adopt when they "found" Rave. She planned this all along. She's a witch, guys. She read her own fortune and saw of this coming so she made us as loopholes to channel our lives in case hers was taken."

"So...was I a loophole too?"

Cynthia shook her head. "You are the balance. Your fate to Roman was through this city, had you stayed with Rave you'd have grown up living city to city..."

"Never meeting him." She finished.

"So...I'm, her daughter not...my moms?"

"You are the product of Lucina and Troy."

"Who the fuck is Troy?" Blake asked moving closer toward the conversation. I laughed at his language. He was a person who didn't care what others thought of him. He caught me looking at him then looked away, casting his gaze to Cynthia.

"Our dad. He...he was killed by Lucina. Unlike Gabe and I, you were given to your parents...with the same spell Kara used to hide her baby."

"This witch has too much time on her hands." Blake called rubbing his forehead. "All this to get back one person? Has she ever thought that once it's all done...she won't even want anything to do with her."

"Irene hated wolves most of the sisters...with her back...there would be a war between witches and wolves."

"The fate of us all would come down to the Hyros." Blake said looking at Kara. I laughed.

"So...I'm a witch?" I asked. She nodded her head. "Unfortunately you were possessed by Lucina by the time your powers kicked in, so they've always been muted by the herbs." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Yet another thing she's taken from me." I rubbed my shoulders at the chilly air in the room. "So when do we do this?"

Cynthia gestured to the green mixture to her side, "Ready when you are?"

"So in this dream...I'll be there?" She gestured to the glasses in front of them all, sitting idle on the floor.

"We all will...if we drink at the same time, we'll arrive in the same arrival point. Once there, we will strategize. Now, in this dream world we are at the mercy of Lucina's subconscious. That drink will stifle both your powers and Lucina, so it's important you stay with us."

She looked to the others, "the coven will join us once we arrive. They're channeling the opulent."

"Her body." I guessed. She nodded. "To earth we come, to earth we go." She shrugged.

"So what happens if we die in the dream..." I asked. She looked around the room.

"Let's just try not to do that." She said quietly.

"You may or may not awake." Jesse said honestly. "And I would hate to be a prisoner of her subconscious." I nodded.

"If it does come down to saving me...or finally, finally" I stressed, "being free of her...be free."

I wasn't speaking to anyone else in the room but her and she knew it. It was odd. This woman inside me was my mother...a mother I never knew I had, but I hated her more than anything in me. "I want you to have the life you've always deserved. Where you are out first, and shown the love you deserve not what's left."

"I want that possible for you even without me, even if you have to say goodbye to me...it will be a good bye." I promised.

She nodded her head. "It won't come to that." She said using the same promising tone I just had. I nodded to her. Us both pledging ourselves to a new life.

"How long does it work after drinking?" I asked.

"Depends on if you fight it."

I nodded. I lifted the glass to my lips and watched as the other mirrored me.

"To killing this bitch!" I cheered as we clanked glasses and downed the concoction. I watched as Kara sat down.

"I feel so tired." She yawned into Roman. He laughed.

"Always been a lightweight," he teased as she fell asleep. I looked around to Cynn was already asleep and Jesse. I stared at Roman.

"Wow, I don't feel anything."

"Me either." I looked at Blake.

Roman yawned. "I think I'm starting to feel..." his eyes rolled back and his head rested against the wooden dressed behind him. I looked toward the door seeing the shoes of the men guarding the door.

"So we're mates." He spoke. I turned toward him. I nodded.

"Yeah I heard." I joked. He smiled and my heart jumped. I made him smile.

"I don't...I know you heard what I said in the hall that day, but I didn't mean it at all how you took it Cali." I swallowed. "It's just,"

"Lucina?" I guessed.

He shook his head. "Well kinda...before my mate was being used as a pawn and in the end I had to kill him. I feel like he thought I wouldn't because we were mates but I hadn't accepted him. I didn't...I never felt the full thing, like when I saw you."

"What if it does come to us killing Lucina or saving you?" He asked as if the thought pained him to say. "I'm...I have no doubt in my mind that I won't be able to see anyone hurt you. I just...you're in my head...I see you when I close my eyes. When I'm not around you I feel like my heart is gonna explode and when I see you and I see those eyes," he started at me, not breaking eye contact.

"I want nothing more than to...accept"-

He yawned. "I accept you." He blurted. His eyes widened.

"Cali," he called, but I was too focused on the feeling inside. It was as if my heart had broken into two. I wasn't just...the person I was before I felt...purer, more protected than I was, as if there was something blanketing me.

"I accept you," I said without thinking. His face changed instantly. He smiled and grabbed my hands. I felt a spark of electricity rush up my arms until it felt it reached my heart and the cheeks of my face. I gasped.

"I'm gonna save you." He promised. "Because you're mine...you don't belong to a witch. You belong to yourself."

I nodded and yawned. I wrapped my arms around his neck and closed my eyes in ecstasy. I was sure I was asleep already but I heard him,

"It was nothing like this,"

And the world went quiet.