Dreaming

Lucina's dreamworld was not at all as  expected. I thought there would be...fire and explosions like the hell they described from before, but it was different. I looked around to see everyone, but Blake. I frowned.

"Where's Blake?"

"He must be fighting it." Cynthia said. I narrowed my eyes at her. Something about the fact that she has feelings for my mate doesn't sit right with me.

"He...something happened right before." I admitted. "We were talking about he..."

"He what?" Jesse asked stepping forward.

"We accepted each other." I turned toward his melodic voice and smiled as I took him in, feeling all my worry diminish. I was proud he said it truthfully and honestly. He walked toward me and stood by my side, gracefully ignoring the hole Cynthia was unintentionally burning in his head as she forced a smile.

"Well now that we're all here." Kara said breaking the silence, "we're supposed to find Lucina."

"She'll be at home." I said. "Her dreams that are the most emotional are always there and...Irene and Rave are always there." I warned.

"She may not know you, but she will see you." She nodded with an emotionless face.

"Do you know what woods these are?" Kara asked Cynthia. She nodded.

"The sisters grew up in the same land the coven is hidden in...it was out there purposely. The land is protected by the bond the family shared in the protection spell to charm it."

"I actually know exactly where to go."

"But that would be too easy," a voice called. I turned to see Sahara, daughter of Sienna, one of the four sisters. She was also a member of the coven. I smiled to see they had joined us.

"Lucina's house is guarded with enchantments from animals, to spells, to natural disasters."

"Unless, she's actively dreaming." Cynthia added looking at her cousin- our cousin. She turned to me.

"You, you feel that feeling in your heart? That darkness?" I nodded. It was true. It was stronger here.

"That's your connection to Lucina. We can track her with it..." she looked at me, "just to be sure." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes tired of being treated like a nuisance.

"Here," she said walking toward me and pulling out a small blade. "Finger," she snapped after I looked at her in confusion. She pricked my finger quickly.

"Ouch," I cried.

"If you can't handle a simple prick then we're in for a nightmare," Cynthia snapped.

"I've been dealing with a certain prick just fine." I snapped back. She set her lips in a fine line and rolled her eyes.

Sienna laughed. "Sibling rivalry...adorable." She took the blood from my finger and let it drop on the picture of the map she had in her hand.

I watched as the single drop turned into a line, highlighting one route. 

"That's odd..."

"What?" Jesse asked.

"It's says she's right..." she turned to face me. "Here." She said eyeing me in question.

"What?" I asked.

"She's not looking at you daughter." I turned to face her. She had dark hair, different than mine in color but that texture was undeniable.  It's exactly how my hair looks freshly dried. Her eyes were piercing, dark, yet so beautiful. Her lips were tilted in a smirk.