Chains

I looked outside the window looking out onto the packland wondering, "Will today be the day?" I sighed, knowing just as the last, it probably would not be. I sat here everyday...wondering when I would finally be able to reunite with my family, done baring this curse. I smiled hearing a knock upon the door, knowing who was awaiting on the other end.

I opened the door, turning to see the most beautiful pair of brown eyes.

"Kare." I took a step forward only to be stopped by the feeling of restraints  on my wrists. I winced at the pain of the herbs burning my skin. I looked down seeing cuffs on my wrists, chaining me to the wall adjacent from us. She had gotten good at her magic. "Please Kare. I'm fine! I'm good."

She walked toward me, wearing that same bleak, emotionless expression. She loved me. I know she did. She just had to be this way. She wouldn't be able to walk away without being cold. She didn't even make eye contact anymore. She stood in front of me, avoiding my gaze, she pulled her hand out with the cold cylinder shaped wand as always and placed it on my forehead. I jumped before it even touched me.

"Ahhh!" I screamed. "Ahhh!"  She removed it. I fell to the ground feeling my body collapse as if I had been unplugged from a socket in gravity. I rubbed my forehead where the lead once was. She was still there. I groaned.

"Is nothing working yet?" I cried. She didn't move.

"There's always tomorrow Cali."

~~~

DONT KILL ME! I AM UPDATING THE SECOND CHAPTER RIGHT NOW. THIS ONE JUST HAD TO BE SHORT.

ALSO, I USED A TON OF THE COMMENTS FROM MSB TO WRITE THE SEQUAL. I LOVED READING YOUR ASSUMPTIONS AND INPUT OF WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS GONNA HAPPEN OR WHAT YOU WANTED TO HAPPEN.