Coming Back

Blake 

 I paced back and forth in the room I was staying in at Kare's pack. I was under a lot of stress. I was going nuts worried about Cali, feeling guilty about not being with her, and missing her above all. It's as if my entire world has been rewritten to center around her. 

  My wolf stood in alert at the scent approaching. I knew who it was without thinking, his stink was all around here. It was his place. I tried to silence my wolf, knowing he was on edge about being around another Alpha wolf in such close proximity. Besides, I did like Roman. 

 He knocked three times as usual before I yelled through the thick oak, "Come on in," he opened the door eyeing me eerily. A thing people have been doing more than ever now. 

"How you feeling?" he asked. 

I set my lips in a thin line. "Same old."

He nodded. "There's a meeting in five." I frowned. 

"What's going on?" I asked worried. 

"The witches have found something new." he said bluntly, as if he were hiding something. 

'"With all due respect, don't bullshit me, Roman." he nodded. 

"Cali's been stirring in her sleep...a sign that she's waking up." I frowned. 

"What if she wakes up before Lucina' s dead?"

"If they're together in the dream world...They come back together." he said swallowing. 

I felt my stomach drop the my feet. I couldn't stomach all of this being for nothing. 

~~

Cali

I remembered reading something during my time in the tower. It was about dream worlds, and portals and how some witches are able to travel amongst dreams. In the 1800's it was common for witches to imprison their enemies inside of their own dreams. However there were also witches who were able to free people from their prisons by dream jumping.  I looked at Rave wondering if this is what the Moon Goddess was showing me. Is this her fate?

A strike of lightning broke out and soon a rush of rain pour fell distracting us from the moment. The sky, which was just clear and blue, was now grey and full of disastrous rain. I looked at the sky and frowned as the wind began to howl. 

"Something's wrong!" Rave yelled over the rain pour as we began to run toward the trees for shelter.

"It's falling apart!" Lucina said looking around. "She's waking up! We need to hurry." she said looking to Irene. She nodded reaching her hand out to Rave. I watched as they linked arms and smiled to each other. 

"Repeat after me," she spoke to them as she began to chant in Latin. I watched them and the storm back and forth watching as a tornado seemed to appear over their heads, a portal. I watched as they smiled, looking at peace. I wondered against my plan. Suddenly the head of the tornado opened wide knocking me off balance, I reached forward and blindly pulled as I was knocked on my feet, hitting the ground. I felt the fabric of a shirt as the portal lifted, I saw four feet before it closed taking away two of the three witches I once stood with. I groaned in pain, before turning over. 

"What did you just do?" she asked staring at me in shock.