Chapter 3: Backstage

Your heels clicked steadily as you walked past the many ropes, buttons, and extra props. You thought over your performance.

You couldn't think of much that you could have changed but then again you wouldn't know until you get a callback.

If you got a callback.

Walking toward the same double doors you came through; you saw Mr. Barber.

Your stomach did a little flip. He was so handsome.

       He was talking with another man and he seemed to be deeply engrossed in conversation. His small note pad looked miniature in his large hands.

You walked over, feeling awkward, not wanting to interrupt but wanting to formally thank him before you left.

You stood by the doors and waited, taking in the beauty of thr interior decor of the theatre.

Charlie went on, oblivious to your presence.

      "You see this is what I'm thinking for the emotion during this scene. I'm not sure if there's enough passion in th-"

        He cut himself short when he noticed you.

Your little hands folded so politely in front of you, waiting patiently.

Your beauty left his heart fluttering again.

You looked back over at him when you heard the conversation cease.

   The man speaking to Charlie looked at you as well. You smiled at them both and walked over.

You extended your hand to the man opposite Charlie

"Hello I'm, Y/N." you said in a professional manner.

The man gave you a warm smile and shook your hand.

"I'm Jake. I play the husband in the play."

You smile at him excitedly.

   "Oh wow that's amazing! I just auditioned for the wife."

      Jake was noticeably handsome. His hair was blonde and messy and his figure was slim and defined.

But he could not compare to Mr. Barber.

   Looking over at him you saw him looking intently between the two of you.

His face was serious and he seemed to be bothered by something.

He almost looked... angry at Jake.

Confused ,but brought back to the reason you walked over there in the first place, you turned and looked up to meet Mr. Barber's gaze.

  You heard the sound of a ringtone and saw Jake excuse himself to take the phone call outside.

It was just the two of you again.

"I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity and apologize again for bumping into you earlier. Thank you for being so cool about it. It means a lot, Mr. Barber"

  You tucked a piece of hair behind your ear subconsciously. Your big eyes were still looking up at him.

     His pulse quickened and he felt his cock twitch.

That god damn name.

Mr. Barber.

    He liked it entirely too much coming from your mouth.