Chapter 16: The Meeting

{A/N: I think i'm going to make a spotify playlist that will make ypu feel like you're in a relationship with Charlie. i'll let you know!!}

[CHARLIE's POV]
   Charlie's fist clenched as he looked down the rows of chairs at you and Jake.

He was so close to you; making you giggle and smile.

It made him sick.

Fuck, what was he even talking about?

Charlie wasn't your boyfriend or anything, you were your own person. But logical thoughts aside, he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy when he watched you call him "love" and "honey" up on the stage, even if it was in the scene.

His jaw would tense as he watched your tiny hand on his arm. Maybe he hated it so much because he knew Jake loved it.

He knew Jaked wanted you. Wanted you like Charlie did.

But in reality, no one wanted you like Charlie did. His desire for you was insatiable and that little boy
wouldn't be able to please you like Charlie could.

What the hell, Barber? What is this girl doing to you?

   He cracked his knuckles as he tried to think about anything but you and Jake.

He returned to his notes, interjecting to fix things when needed, and put all of his attention back into the play.

~

What felt like hours later, rehearsal was finally over.

As the last line was spoken, the actors all clapped and cheered. Charlie smiled at their enthusiasm. It felt so nice to have other people approve of his work. He didn't feel apprectiated enough most of the time.

"Alright, that's it for the day. Go home and get some rest. Be back here tomorrow at 10:30" he yelled as he started to pack up. His heart was pumping faster now. He remembered he had to speak to you privately in his office.

  The lights in the audience slowly came up thanks to Stacey back stage.

Charlie could see you were still talking with Jake. Jake looked infautated with your every move like his eyes were glued to you. There was that pang again.

Jealousy.

Jake was your age, fit, and very handsome.
He could easily catch your interest.

But as Charlie looked at you, he saw that you seemed indifferent.
Not only that, but your attention was elsewhere.

Charlie watched as you continuely checked your watch, looked around to see if the actors had left , and glanced up at Charlie almost too fast to notice.

Your attention was on Charlie.

He smirked as he realized this. You probably had been so anxious to have the little meeting he had spoken about at his house. Charlie imagined your little lip bite and your deep blush as you worried yourself over it.

Such a sweetheart.

Charlie looked around to see the auditorium empty aside from you Jake and himself.

Alright time for this guy to go.

He gathered his brief case and walked down the stairs to greet you and Jake.

"Hey guys, great stuff today." he said with false enthusiasm.

You blushed under his gaze.