Chapter 14: A Flame

{A/N: Sorry babes I was busy but here is an update. I will hopefully be posting more soon. Any requests? Leave them in the comments and I will try my best. I'm thinking I want Y/N to be dominant in at least one chapter. For some spice ;) We shall see. xoxo 💋}

You were still shaking as you left his apartment.

Looking in the reflection of the elevator doors, you saw just how desheveled you had become. Your hair was knotted, your lipstick smudged and streaks of mascara coated your under eyes.

Jesus

He had really made you a mess.

Waiting for the elevator to reach the exit level, you desperately tried to make yourself presentable. Licking your fingers your rubbed the black makeup from your eyes and used your sleeve to wipe the red from your mouth. You gave yourself a once over as you heard the ding of the elevator.

Meh, you were still a bit messy but at least you didn't look lke you were fresh out of a whore house.

Stepping out, you picked up your pace. Your heels were clicking steadily against the linoleum tiles as you headed to the front doors.

You needed to leave before Nicole got here. If she found you walking out of her husband's apartment complex looking like you did, she would definitely catch on.
She was not a stupid woman.

You exited the building, your head full as you hailed a taxi.

Charlie seemed so kind and caring when he was with you. He seemed like he wanted to be gentle, almost as if you were fragile. But at the same time, he had treated you like an absolute slut; calling you names and ordering you around. You felt the warm tug of arousal in your lower stomach as you thought back to how he had treated you. A perfect mix of gentle and rough.

You smiled to yourself as your driver took you to your destination.

He cared for you.

Charlie Barber actually cared.

The sound of tires screeching to a halt snapped you out of your day dream. You were home. You gave the grumpy old driver his cash and made your way into your apartment.

Once up the 3 flights of dusty and decrepit stairs, you unlocked your door and turned the handle. Stepping inside, you threw your stuff down next to the door.

God you were tired.

But your nerves werent letting you rest. You had to wait a whole week until you could see Charlie again and you knew he was going to talk to you about your situation.
What would he say? Would he end it? Would he still want to be with you like that?
All you knew was that your want for him was becoming stronger while the guilt of being a home wrecker was becoming weaker. He seemed so unhappy with Nicole. When he was with you, his whole demeanor changed. He seemed lighter. He cracked jokes, smiled, and looked genuinely interested in what you had to say. You could tell the same was not true for Nicole.
You could sense the tension between them, it was palpable. It made you sad for him. He deserved better.

You wanted Charlie like you have never wanted another person before. Every inch of your skin burned for his touch and when you got your fix it just made you all the needier for more of him. But you didnt just want sex from him. You wanted to see him happy. To be a support system for him.

With a deep sigh, you decided you were going to go out.
You needed to clear your head.

Cleaning off the mess you called makeup and putting on some warmer clothes, you grabbef your purse and headed out the door to the nearest bar.