09

saiki's pov:
i should've gone with y/n. i blindly followed the two idiots into a shady looking place. kaidou was muttering nonsense about some death match and i stayed with them to make sure nothing bad happens, but i'm starting to regret it. maybe i should just let them deal with it on their own. i sighed thinking about having to rescue them again after countless times. we entered the building and kaidou was disappointed to find out that there was no death match. "it's for safety measures." the owner said as he placed a tv in front of us. the match ended quickly and it was very anticlimactic. how boring. i'm gonna look for y/n.

your pov:
teruhashi and yumehara were busy talking about their crushes and i wasn't very interested in their conversation so i stayed behind, deep in my own thoughts. i wonder what saiki is up to right now. "y/n? hello?" yumehara waved a hand in front of my face, breaking me out of the trance that i was in. "huh?" i asked cluelessly. "do you want a sample of this pineapple?" she asked me. "oh no, i'm good. thank you though." i politely declined her offer and went back to my thoughts. a certain psychic was in my head and just when i wondered where he was, he showed up in front of me. of course, he's a goddamn psychic!? "hi." i smiled sheepishly. you didn't catch me thinking about you, right? i thought to myself, hoping saiki wasn't reading my mind right now. "let's ditch the others, they can be kinda overwhelming sometimes." i said as i quickly grabbed his arm and snuck away from the duo.

after our freetime was over, all the students gathered at a hotel that we would be spending the next couple nights in. hairo quickly went over some rules and then we were all off to find our rooms. i shared a room with teruhashi and yumehara. i put our belongings on a table in our room while the duo talked about some plan to invade the guys' room. i didn't want to get involved in their weird plan so i kept quiet. i decided to ditch them once again and go outside to get away from everyone. i'm still pretty exhausted from using my powers. i walked out to the beach to see saiki resting as well. "looks like you beat me to it." i said as i took a seat next to him. "what?" he said giving me a confused stare. "i came out here to rest since it was getting pretty overwhelming inside the hotel, but looks like you had the same idea." i explained. "oh." was all the psychic said before dozing off. i looked over to saiki and he looked so peaceful in his sleep. he deserves a long break after everything that happened today. i thought to myself as i watched over him to make sure nothing happens to him. he's always looking out for me, it's time i return the favor.

i was taking in the sight of saiki's peaceful figure, when teruhashi came into my view. "oh, y/n?" she said as soon as she noticed my presence. "what are you doing out here?" she asked me. "i should be asking you that." i said, ignoring her question. "i just came out here for some fresh air." she gave me an innocent smile. "oh, saiki's asleep?" she asked, pointing at the unconscious psychic. "yes, he had a pretty rough day." i said in hopes that she would take it as a hint to go back to the hotel. he really can't catch a damn break, can he? the girl slowly approached saiki. she slowly reached her hand out to touch the antenna sitting on his head. she looked as if she was in a trance. i broke her out of her trance to prevent her from touching him. "teruhashi." i called out to her. "hm?" she hummed out. she realized what she was doing and quickly pulled her hand away. "uhm, i'm gonna go back to our room. don't stay out too late!" she chuckled nervously before running away.

teruhashi's pov:
it was getting pretty late and y/n still hasn't come back. "i'm gonna look for y/n." i announced to my roommates. "okay!!" they responded and went back to what they were doing. i went back to the beach, where i was not too long ago. i saw the duo sitting in the same spot they were in a before, unharmed. i checked up on y/n and she was fast asleep. i was about to wake her up so we could all go inside the hotel, but i saw saiki's face and immediately forgot why i came in the first place. he looked so peaceful, sleeping under the moonlight. i was put under a trance again and i found myself reaching for him like some far-away object that i was desperate to obtain. i snapped out of my thoughts. "what? what was i thinking? a perfect lady like me, acting like a common pervert?!" i pushed those thoughts out of my head, but the pink objects sitting on his head caught my attention.  "i took this off without asking, but i hope that's okay." i mumbled to myself. "if he falls over, it might hurt him." i said out of concern for the boy. it looks like i spoke too loudly because y/n woke up. "what do you think you're doing?" she asked, giving me a suspicious look. "what?" was the last thing i said before i found myself in a complete different location.