19

"hey, let's make plans for our trip!" yumehara suggested. "trip? i don't remember talking about a trip." kuboyasu said. "yeah, we should go on a trip before we change our classes!" i exclaimed. "you guys can plan it, we're going to fly a drone!" kaidou said with excitement. "ok, but you have to come to our meeting at kokomi's house after school." yumehara demanded. "teruhashi's house?!" the boys yelled in sync. "hey, you too, saiki. don't ditch us for your coffee jelly machine." i pointed a finger at him as if i was scolding him. "don't bring my coffee jelly machine into this! but yes, i will go, don't worry." saiki pushed my finger out of his face. "they bicker like an old, married couple." kuboyasu teased. "shut up." saiki and i said at the same time. "wow, you guys are really meant to be, aren't you?" kuboyasu teased us further.

"answer honestly. would you rather be alone right now, eating your precious coffee jelly?" i asked saiki in a joking manner. "stop it." he deflected the question. "hey, you didn't say no! you love us, don't you?" i asked in a way that was sarcastic, but teasing him as well. "if i were to choose between you and coffee jelly, i already told you that i would choose you over anything." he let go of my hand that he was holding while we walked, and put an arm around my shoulders. "yeah, but what about the others, huh?" i continued, determined to get him to admit something. "they're ok, i guess." he replied, finally answering my question. "oh my god. that's like the best compliment you've ever given them." saiki took his arm and inched away from me. "hey, i was joking!" i took his arm and put it back around my shoulders. "no, but seriously, this is the first time i'm seeing something like this." i said, more serious this time. "i really changed you, didn't i?" i flipped the hair that was sitting on my shoulder, feeling quite proud of myself. "you're giving yourself too much credit." saiki laughed. "i'm right and you know it!" i laughed along with him.

halfway through the route to teruhashi's house, we met with the others. "why are you two in suits?" i asked kaidou and kuboyasu. "that's what i asked them." nendou joined in on the conversation. "it would be rude to go to teruhashi's house in uniform!" kaidou defended himself and kuboyasu. "this is common sense!" kuboyasu spoke up.

we finally arrived at teruhashi's house and we rung the door bell to let her know we were here. "welcome! come in! yumehara and mera are already here." she welcomed us before letting us in. "i'll bring tea, make yourselves at home!" she ran off to her kitchen after quickly shutting her front door. "oh, kaidou's here!" i heard yumehara yell out from one of the rooms. we followed the sound and entered teruhashi's room. "you guys are late, mera already ate all the snacks!" yumehara pointed over to mera who was in the middle of eating something. kaidou tried to explain kuboyasu and himself, but he was far too nervous.

once everyone was comfortable and teruhashi was done preparing drinks and extra snacks, we started planning for our trip. "let's choose a place to go for our spring break. any ideas?" yumehara started the meeting. it was already a mess with people talking at the same time, excited to share their ideas. "why don't you take turns?" yumehara asked. once it was calm, kaidou spoke up. "how about oshimai?" he suggested. i personally thought it was a good idea, but when i looked over to saiki, he looked like he had seen a ghost. "hey, what's wrong?" i gently rubbed his back to hopefully ease him up. "no, choose somewhere else." he put a hand on kaidou's shoulder, demanding that they choose a different location. "you don't like oshimai?" kaidou asked him. "but everyone else wants to go." i spoke up. "pick kyoto or something." saiki tossed a magazine on the table that we were all gathered around. "oh, kyoto sounds nice though." i tried to ignore the fact that saiki was acting suspicious and just went along with his suggestion so i wouldn't cause any problems. "i like kyoto too." yumehara seemed to like his suggestion as well. everyone started talking about things we could do at kyoto and it seemed like we all finally agreed on something. "but oshimai has that too." kuboyasu pointed out, diverting everyone back to the topic of oshimai. everyone changed their minds as quickly as they did when saiki suggested we go to kyoto.