12

saiki's pov:
"that's what happened. since then, kokomi won't talk to me." teruhashi's brother cried out to me. "get out. pervert." i do not want to help this pervert out, this is his problem. he doesn't even like me, why is he here? "it was a lovers' quarrel. do you know what a lovers' quarrel is?" the pervert asked. no, and i really don't care. "get to the point." i said, not wanting to waste my time on him. "we will be filming in our neighborhood tomorrow. many show businesses will be there. if they notice kokomi's beauty, it's finished. what will happen if she gets discovered?" he cried out. "i don't care." i told him, but he ignored what i said and gave me all these orders. as if i would take orders from a pervert.

once school came around, i decided to tell teruhashi about what her brother had told me. it would be a problem if she became famous. her fans would gather around outside the school. "my brother spoke to you?" teruhashi exclaimed. "i'm sorry if he caused any trouble!" she apologized on his behalf. "he did." i complained. "why are you so far away?" the girl asked me. "ask your brother." i told her. he even told me to stay 10 meters away, how ridiculous. "sorry about this!" she apologized again. "my job here is done." i told her before walking away. "wait!" she called out. "are you free after school?" she asked me. "since we can't go to the filming site, we can go to a neighboring town." she offered. well, i can't reject her now.

your pov:
during lunch, i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. my mom texted me. "do you want to go shopping after school? my treat!!" i read her text and replied. "of course, is that even a question?" i sent the text and put my phone away. i'm so excited!! i really need more jeans...

saiki's pov:
after school came around and i was forced to go on a "date" with teruhashi. at least that's what she likes to call it. all the attention was on her and everyone we passed by stared at her. "she looks so happy!" i heard some people whisper. good grief. i should just say i have a stomach ache and leave. "do you like sweets?" this question made me forget the thought of leaving early. "there is a great cake shop nearby." this piqued my interest. i can leave after eating cake.

"closed." read the sign on the door of the shop. "sorry! it's closed right now. let's go to a different shopping area instead." teruhashi offered. we were disappointed once more after seeing that there were no restaurants in the area. "isn't that a cafe?" she pointed out. it wasn't a cafe... teruhashi looked defeated, until a crowd of men approached her. "are you looking for something?" someone asked. "we're looking for a place to have some tea." she answered. the crowd of men were helpful and led us to a restaurant in no time. "would you like some more coffee?" one of the men asked. "thank you! we are fine now." teruhashi thanked him.

"how can the director changes locations?" a certain sibling pondered to himself.

they are headed this way. we need to finish up our cake and leave immediately. priorities. cake is more important. it's a big town, we would never run into them.

"if the cake here tastes good, i can come here with kokomi." makoto said keeping his sister in mind.

just how bad is my luck? we need to leave now. i stood up from my seat. "you're going? could you wait for me?" teruhashi asked. i have no choice... i used my powers and flipped the sign over to the "closed" side. "it's closed?" the person walking alongside makoto said. "really?" makoto asked. "a girl is shaking hands inside. is this some sort of idol event?" the man peered inside. "sneak inside. everyone will be excited!" the man suggested. "that will only ruin her meet and greet. everyone would gather around me. let's just go somewhere else." makoto said as he walked away from the shop.

"is my brother done with his shoot?" teruhashi asked as we walked around. she wanted to spend more time with me, but i was already making my way to the station. even if we could, her brother is here and if i get caught by him, that would cause more problems. "what's with this guy? i am clearly showing him that i am willing to spend more time with him, but he wants to leave." the girl thought to herself. no, that's not going to work. her brother is at the station. i stopped walking which gave teruhashi the wrong idea. "if you have some time, do you want to spend a little more time together?" she asked. i had no choice, but to continue this date.

we ended up in front of an arcade. at least i can use this opportunity to get her to lose interest in me.

after winning against teruhashi in all of the games we played, i took a seat on a bench to take a break. "let's go back." the poor girl offered. yes, let's do that. "i'm exhausted." a certain voice made my ears perk up. i was too focused on teruhashi's thoughts. "four eyes?" makoto turned around to face me. "he used this as an opportunity to go on a date with my kokomi!" he made the conclusion in his head. it was actually the other way around. not wanting to deal with the other annoying sibling, i took teruhashi's hand and ran for it.

your pov:
"do you want to go to an arcade?" my mother asked me. "yes, please!" i said enthusiastically. i entered the building full of fun activites, but all the excitement i felt had disappeared when i saw that saiki and teruhashi were holding hands, running off to a photo booth. are they on a date? i guess i'm just a friend to him. did he not mean the things he said to me during the trip? the sight of those two together completely ruined my mood. "i'm actually pretty tired from all the shopping we did, let's just go home." i told my mom. "are you sure?" she asked. "yes, i'm sure." i confirmed. "oh okay..." she said, catching up to me since i ran off.

as soon as i got home, i dropped all my shopping bags by the door and climbed into bed. i really thought i was special... i confused his friendliness with feelings. how stupid of me.

saiki's pov:
i really didn't wanna grab teruhashi's hand since i just know it'll give her the wrong idea, but what choice do i have? once we were inside the photo booth, i turned the both of us invisible. makoto and his group of men opened the curtain to the photo booth, but couldn't see us. obviously, because we're invisible. this situation reminded me of what happened with y/n. i smiled upon remembering the memory.

"what... the... hell!?" y/n said in between deep breaths. "i spotted a pair of extremely annoying siblings." i told her. "that's why you made me run all the way here?!?!" she said in disbelief. "yes." i said, giving her a guilty smile. "you're ridiculous." she laughed. i laughed with her, but we both went silent after realizing our hands were still intertwined. y/n quickly let go and there was an awkward silence. to diffuse the tension, she asked to take pictures. at first, i refused, but i gave in. i'm not sure why i did, but i just couldn't say no to the girl.

the flashback made me wish that i was here with y/n instead of teruhashi. "how dare he?" the girl thought to herself. i quickly let go of her hand. it seems that taking her hand made her hate me more. "why am i this excited?" she questioned herself. "do you want to take a picture?" she asked me. so that turns you on?! unbelievable!

_______
author's note:
here's an early update because i was really motivated to write another chapter!!