14

your pov:
school was starting again and everyone was talking about a new transfer student. the news reminded me of when i first transferred. so much happened since then... "is it a guy or a girl?" whispers about the new student filled the classroom.

"y/n. we need to talk." saiki said, standing in front of my desk. he's the last person i want to see right now. "what's there to talk about? i thought i made myself pretty clear at the mall." i said as i crossed my arms. "just let me explain myself, please." he begged, but before he could even do so, the bell rang, signaling that class was starting. "wow, saved by the bell." i exclaimed. saiki seemed to have froze. "hello? what are you doing still standing? class is about to start." i said as i waved a hand in front of his face. "oh." he slowly sat down in his seat, which unfortunately was in front of mine.

the teacher walked in not too long after the bell rang. "i would like to introduce you all to our new transfer student. come in." all the girls had excited looks on their faces, but as soon as the student walked in, they all seemed disappointed. "he seems gloomy." some people whispered. so judgmental, damn. "please introduce yourself." the teacher said, handing him a piece of chalk. he took the chalk and wrote his name on the chalkboard. "my name is aren kuboyasu. i moved here from ibaraki." he introduced himself. "was here?" i read out loud. he seemed to have heard me and quickly turned around to erase it. "that's just an old habit! sorry, forget that happened!" he panicked. the class seemed to brighten up after his mistake. "nice to meet you, kuboyasu!" some of my classmates yelled out. he's interesting.

once lunch started, i went to the bathroom to avoid saiki. after leaving the bathroom, i bumped into the new student. "oh hey, you're kuboyasu, right?" i asked. he looked angry for some reason? was i being impolite? i don't think i was... "i'm sorry-" he was apologizing, but someone interrupted him mid sentence. "is he bothering you?" saiki asked me. "no, we were having a friendly conversation. in fact, i think we really clicked, we should be friends." i said as i put an arm around kuboyasu's shoulder. the look on saiki's face was absolutely priceless. "right, kuboyasu?" i asked him. "right." he said, slightly confused, but went along with it anyway. "it didn't look that way earlier." saiki said as he crossed his arms. "are you stalking me or something?" i glared at him. "i wouldn't have to track you down if you just let me explain myself." he said. "now you're just being straight up creepy about it. if i wanted to talk, i wouldn't be actively avoiding you. would you at least wait until i'm ready to talk? stop forcing things, it's pissing me off. you're only making things worse for yourself." i said, starting to get angry. "come on, kuboyasu, let's go." i said, taking my new friend's arm and walking off with him.

"is she really that angry at me?" the psychic whispered to himself.

"what happened between you and that guy?" kuboyasu asked me. "it's kind of a long story. i think i should save it for another time." i sighed. "sum it up for me then." he said, opening the door to the class for me. "thanks." i thanked him. "long story short, i confused his feelings for me, but turns out he already has someone. i guess, you could say that he led me on." i explained. "oh. i'm sorry that you had to go through that." he apologized. "it's okay, it's my fault for confusing things. you know, you're really sweet. i like you already!"

saiki's pov:
seeing y/n with kuboyasu made my blood boil. especially when she put her arm around him. i have never felt jealous of someone before.

i entered the classroom to see that the two were still together. "you know, you're really sweet. i like you already!" y/n said to kuboyasu. i stepped foot out of the classroom again. i do not want to see them together.

"he's not who you think he is." i told y/n telepathically since she won't talk to me face to face. "shut up and get out of my head." she answered. "he used to be one of those gangsters. he's trouble, you shouldn't be hanging around him." i warned her. "even better." she replied, which i was not expecting. what am i gonna do with her? even telepathy won't work because she just shuts me out. maybe i should just give her space like she said earlier.