10

your pov:
after breakfast was over, all the students rushed over to the buses out front. our first destination was a pineapple plantation. second was an aquarium. last, but not least, was the destination that everyone was most excited for, emerald beach. "i stopped eating sweets and bought a new swim suit just for this." yumehara told us, while putting on her swim suit. i put on my new swim suit as well. teruhashi was tying her silky, blue hair into a ponytail. "i'm sure kaidou will be head over heels for you by the end of today!" she said, encouraging yumehara. "let's hope you're right." she said, crossing her fingers. "i'm sure it'll be fine! i'm surprised he still hasn't fallen for you." i encouraged her as well in hopes that it would give her as much confidence as possible. "i feel better now, thank you so much!" yumehara hugged the both of us to express her gratitude. after teruhashi was sure that yumehara was fine, she left the changing rooms first. as she left through the door, a huge crowd of boys were waiting for her outside. they all stared the poor girl down, but she didn't seem to mind as she was waving at all of them, almost as if she was a celebrity and the crowd was fawning over her. yumehara caught a glimpse of what had just happened and all the time we spent encouraging her went to waste. "i can't go out after teruhashi made her grand entrance!" she cried out. "don't worry, i'll walk out with you!" i tried my best to make her feel better. "thank you, y/n! you're a life saver." the poor girl said as she clung onto my arm. "no problem! it's okay, i'm nervous too." i confessed before we both made our way out of the changing rooms. by the time we were outside, the crowd of boys had already left. "see! nothing to worry about!" i reassured yumehara.

once i was sure that yumehara was okay, i looked for saiki. i found him sitting under an umbrella for shade. "hey, saiki!" i greeted him as i sat next to him in the sand. "hey." he stared out into the water. "are you gonna get in the water later?" i asked him as i put a hand up to my eyes, blocking out the bright sun. saiki noticed what i did and brought me closer to him. "it's sunny, right?" he adjusted the umbrella making sure i got enough shade. "thank you." i said softly, trying to hide my pink stained cheeks. "you can swim, right?" he suddenly asked. "yes, of course." i answered. "come on, i'll show you something." he pulled me up from my spot in the sand. "what is it?" i asked out of curiosity. "it's nothing special, i just like to do this every time i ever go to the beach." he said as he started going deeper and deeper into the water. "use your powers." he said before going fully underwater. "uhm, ok?" i followed him underwater. i used my powers to make sure i don't drown. i don't wanna trouble saiki by him having to rescue me for the hundredth time...

at this point, we were in really deep and there were fish swimming around us. "what are we doing here?" i asked saiki using telepathy. "it's calming down here." he laid down on the ocean floor. i joined him and took in the sight of all the bright coral and fish swimming around. "it is calming down here!" i exclaimed. "i told you." the psychic said before pointing to all the different types of fish swimming around. "it's nice down here, thank you for bringing me." i thanked him. he smiled at me. "i've never been able to hang out with anyone like this. you're the first, since you have powers like me to even be able to do this. it's actually kinda nice." the psychic admitted. "you enjoy my company, don't you? admit it." i teased. "i do." saiki confessed. "who doesn't enjoy my company?" i joked. he laughed and he looked like he was actually enjoying himself. "i ruined the moment, didn't i?" i giggled. "yeah." he said plainly. "are you enjoying yourself?" i asked. "yes." he admitted. "it's because i'm here." i joked again. "i'm gonna leave you here." saiki said as he sat up. "i was kidding." i said, grabbing his forearm so he wouldn't leave. "if you leave me alone here, a shark might eat me." i frowned. "there's no sharks here." he said, face palming. "great, then we can stay." i laid back down on the ocean floor. saiki laid back down too. "i told you. you start to enjoy yourself more when you're surrounded by the people you love."

saiki's pov:
after y/n said that, i remembered what she told me on the bus on the way to the airport. "i know you can get to okinawa in three minutes, but have you ever gone with friends? it's much more fun when you go with friends!" the line replayed in my head over and over again. people i love?

your pov:
"what are you thinking about that has you zoned out?" i asked saiki as i tapped his shoulder. "what?" he said, snapping out of it. "i asked you what you were-" before i could finish my sentence, saiki cut me off. "you're right. it is more fun when you're with the people you like." he confessed. "spending time with you made me realize that." he turned his head to look at me. "what do you mean by that?" i asked, not knowing what else to say. "i'm saying that i like spending time with you, y/n." saiki admitted. "i like spending time with you too."

while my heart was doing backflips in my chest, yumehara was looking for me and kaidou was looking for saiki. "where are they?" the pair asked around. "i just got a bad feeling." saiki told me. "let's go back." i suggested. we swam up to the surface and went back. we returned to where we were sitting earlier which was under an umbrella, shading ourselves from the bright sun. "y/n? saiki? where were you guys?" kaidou, accompanied by yumehara, came up to us, asking us about our whereabouts. "swimming." i answered, telling them the truth, but not telling them the details. "well, i need to tell you something." kaidou said before sitting down in front of saiki. yumehara sat down next to me and whispered something to me, making sure that the others wouldn't hear. "no way!" i yelled out, too shocked to keep quiet. "shh!" she shushed me and i leaned in to whisper something to her. "you're telling me that he turned red when he saw you?!" i asked for confirmation. "yes!" she confirmed. "no way!!" i whisper yelled. "right?!" yumehara said, shocked as well. "i'm telling you, it's true!!" kaidou yelled out, catching my attention. "tell him, yumehara! i scared off two tough guys, right?" he said, waiting on yumehara to confirm his ridiculous statement. "yes. it's true." she confirmed. "it's not true, the two guys ran off because nendou came up behind kaidou and he scared them off with his scary looks." yumehara whispered to me. "no way!!" i yelled out again.

_______
author's note:
any true beauty fans reading?? i wanna make a han seojun fic, but i'm not sure if anyone would read it... anyway, this chapter is shorter compared to the last two chapters, i didn't have much motivation to update this week, but i might double update and put out another chapter tomorrow. no promises though—