18

your pov:
"are we gonna reveal our relationship to our friends or are we keeping it a secret?" saiki and i were on our way to school. "let's keep it a secret for now, i don't want everyone to bother me about it." saiki answered. "i knew you would say that." i laughed. "you don't mind, right?" he asked, making sure. "no, i don't mind at all! i just want you to be comfortable, i don't wanna do anything to make you regret asking me out." i reassured him. i really want things to work out between us so i'll keep it a secret if it means that i don't lose saiki. "thank you for understanding." he thanked me. "it's no problem! i'll wait until you're ready." i smiled at him before slowly letting go of his hand. we were nearing the school gates, so i let go before anyone could catch us in the act.

as soon as we passed the school gates, teruhashi greeted us immediately. "good morning, saiki and y/n!" she said enthusiastically. "you and y/n walked to school together again?" she asked, turning to saiki and ignoring my presence. "yeah, we always walk to school together." he answered. "can i join you guys starting tomorrow?" she asked eagerly. "your house is literally in the opposite direction to our's. you're really gonna walk back and forth from your house to our's then to school?" saiki asked, leaving teruhashi dumbfounded. "anyway, we have to get to class, see you." he continued, grabbing my arm and walking away from the girl. 

"damn, saiki." i laughed after i processed what just happened. "what? i just don't like that she's constantly coming onto me." he answered. "i mean, i don't really like it either, but that was hilarious!" i said, slapping my desk as i died of laughter. "what? if you don't like it, we can reveal our relationship so she can leave us alone." saiki suggested. "no, it's okay. don't force yourself just because of me. i want you to do it on your own terms. you have to be fully okay with it yourself before we can actually go through with it." i explained. "oh okay. thank you for understanding and putting up with it even though it can be frustrating at times."  he thanked me once again. 

class was finally over and it was time for lunch. "do you guys wanna join us for dessert after school?" kuboyasu and kaidou asked. "yes, of course!" i answered. "sure." saiki answered, surprising the other two. "okay! we'll tell the others." kaidou said excitedly. "look at you! you're becoming more social!" i teased the psychic. "shut up. you're making me regret saying yes." he crossed his arms. "no, i was only joking. seriously though, it makes me feel proud that it seems like you're starting to warm up to our friends." i gave him a warm smile which we returned and he pat my head. "saiki!" we were interrupted by teruhashi who was carrying two drinks in her hand. "i brought you a drink!" she said as she placed a juice box on saiki's desk. "no thanks, i don't drink juice." he said, handing the drink back to her. i was fighting the urge to laugh by covering my mouth with my hand. "still! you should just keep it in case you get thirsty." she placed the juice box back on his desk and walked away before he could give it back. "do you want it?" he asked me, sliding the juice box onto my desk. "thanks!" i thanked him before poking a hole into the box with the straw. as i was drinking the juice, i glanced over at teruhashi and she looked surprised to see that i was the one drinking the juice instead of saiki. she quickly looked away and continued to drink her own juice box that she brought for herself. she's being so obvious, bringing a drink for just saiki and herself. she didn't even bring one that he likes. saiki laughed after reading my thoughts. "i'll only drink juice if you bring it for me."

the end of school came faster than expected and soon enough, we were all making our way to the nearest cafe. "saiki! what are you going to order?" teruhashi said as she clung onto his arm. he looked so disgusted because of it. i was trying so hard not to burst out laughing, but at the same time, i was only getting more and more annoyed of teruhasi. saiki quickly shook her off and shrugged. "i'll decide when i get there." he answered. "y/n, do you wanna share a cake slice?" he turned to me and focused on me instead of teruhashi. "yes, of course!" i answered. i glanced over at the girl, but this didn't seem to make her wanna back down. she only looked determined which kind of worried me, if i'm gonna be honest.