9

There were once two dwarfs in a flask. Both were the very first Homunculi, only of two different kinds with two different purposes and two different origins. One remained cramped in a round, obscure and dark form while the other could morph itself into any plausible perception of mind and emotion. The first longed to become God while the latter dreamt to connect with The Higher Being.

The basement underneath Central Command was cold. The scent of rust and sewage wafted into the secluded area from time to time, leaving an unpleasant smell lingering in the nostrils of the old, blonde man that remained sitting stiffly in his throne of sorts.

The quiet hiss of Chimeras hiding within the ceiling just outside of the Homunculi's silent base was a symphony that the man was much too familiar with. How long ago it had been when he had longed to understand the sensation behind smell and hearing, and now he was simply bored with it all. He'd been in this form for long enough, and frankly he wanted more.

He'd always wanted more.

The blonde casted his gaze down at his left hand gripping the arm of his stone chair lazily. The sheer unfiltered power that ran through his very veins was indisputable. He knew that he could lift a finger and arrange a crater sized whole in the ground, but it wasn't enough. He had become more, but he still hadn't become all powerful. He still hadn't attained the very power of God.

The first Homunculus was jealous of the other Homunculus' pliable form. How could they have both been Homunculi, yet he was the one that ended up with the restrictions and boundaries. He didn't understand the other's willingness to listen to his complaints and rants, how it morphed itself into his shape as if to mock his restrictions. He didn't understand nor did he like how a being like himself would bow to the limited truth that they held. Why didn't the other Homunculus want more, like he did? Why didn't it thirst for the power that they had both been deprived of? Why was he the only one who longed to be more?

He wanted to see everything and to know everything and to be everything. The other Homunculus did not desire the same, for it was complacent and patient. The first Homunculus was jealous of that.

The man called Father gritted his teeth. He would not be affected by the simple memory of his past, nor would he allow that sorry excuse for a Homunculus rebirth the emotion that he had already stripped away. He had no envy anymore, he physically could not feel it any longer because he extracted the emotion from his very being. It was not possible for him to get angry when his wrath was walking around Central Command and protecting this very city.

Yet the thought made his teeth clench and his fingers tremble. The very fact that a mere human by the name of (Y/n) could influence his mind and emotions so easily was proof enough that he needed more power. Something that would put him above humans and even Homunculi, something that would prove his superiority as well as his omnipotent strength.

It was a damn shame that the other entity in the other flask had found a way to live on, to pass its power down to a human of all things. Such lowly creatures they were, how disgusting and pathetic they were. If Father had simply gained control over it in Xerxes and seized its power as his own instead of allowing it to slip away, he wouldn't have to worry about the likes of a puny fifteen year old girl.

Nevertheless, she would be useful- very useful. His plan to grasp the power of God within his breast would require the strength of not only Edward and Alphonse Elric but the power of the other Homunculus festering within Mustang's child.

Father understood that (Y/n)'s personality only enhanced this power, allowing it to grow over the years which was why he needed to be sure that she was unaware of her strength. He needed to act with haste and use her before she became cognitive of the lengths and origin of her abilities. Envy's clash with the child told him that she was only beginning to recognize her strengths, and he just had to rely on Greed to gain more information on her progress.