Oops All Romantic Tension

I was completely zoned in on my editing, as I played the clips back again, I tried to switch between perspectives. Biting my lip I did my best to make the music peak when I needed it. Suddenly, a pair of arms around me broke my trace.

      "Ugh." I complained, looking up at the face the arms belonged to. Fitz grinned at me and held me tighter.

      "I'm not letting you go until you give me attention." He commanded, giggling.

      "I'm editing your video!" I protested.

     In response, he squeezed harder. I allowed myself to smile a little and nuzzle my head into his chest. I laughed lightly as I brought up my arms to mess with his hair.

     "Hey, not the hair!" Fitz jokingly complained, shaking his head free from my grasp.

     "Get out of my room." I said sweetly, pushing his hands away from me.

     "C'mon, you're still being fiesty?" He groaned, sitting down on the ground next to me.

     "Be a dear and go make your editor some tea." I poked him in the forehead.

     Grumbling, he stood up and poked me back. He left the room and I heard the clashing of him presumably trying to find a kettle. A minute later, I heard a knock at my door.

      "Thank you for knocking." I said as I opened the door.

      "Hi Y/N-" Racc started before I slammed the door again. He pushed open the door again, giving me a playfully annoyed shove. I laughed and pulled him in by the arm. He stumbled a bit and pulled his arm back, stretching it, "Don't ever do that again."

       "Really filling that role of 'tsundere' Racc. What do you need?" I fell back into my chair and spun around.

       "What witchcraft did you do to get Fitz to make you tea?" He said sitting behind me.

       "Tits." I responded simply.

       "That's a fair answer. How's the video coming?" He leaned over my shoulder to look at my editing mess.

       "Better if you didn't bother me. What do you need?" I spun again and made eye contact. I was suddenly aware of the fact that because he was right behind me when I was facing away from him, our faces were now an inch apart. I widened my eyes and rolled my chair back.

        "Woah there." He chuckled, "What's up with you today? You're nicer than usual."

        "I didn't know you were behind me dumbass." I turned around again, facing my computer.

        "You allowed me into your room, this is a first." I heard him giggle.

        "Out." I pointed behind me to what I hoped was the door. He instead took my hand and guided it to the correct spot.

         "There you go!" He exclaimed.

         "Every time you do that I will tug on your arm." I proclaimed.

         "Wee woo it's the romance police." He raised his hands in mock surrender and left the room.

         I was not as glad as I'd thought I'd be to have him gone. I couldn't explain it. These guys pissed me off, I just wanted this contract to end already, but somehow I was enjoying this horrible bit they kept up.

         When I noticed I was smiling, I gripped my mouse and furrowed my brows, trying to change my mentality. I suddenly stood up and walked over to my bathroom. Shoving my hands against the marble of the counter, I looked myself in the mirror. With great alarm I realized I had been blushing, and hoped that neither Fitz or Racc had noticed.

          Muttering a 'fuck it' I splashed some water on my cheeks and the back of my neck. I stepped backwards and into my wall, and I sank down to my ankles against the tiled floor. Then I heard the sound of a door opening.

          I sprinted back to the door to meet Toby, she looked confused.

          "Why's there water on your cheeks?" She asked, wiping a droplet off my cheek as proof.

          "What's... water?" Bad response.

          "Were you blushing?" She raised an eyebrow.

          "I put water on my cheeks recreationally." Double bad response.

          "Oh don't tell me it's one of them." Toby rubbed the bridge of her nose as I awkwardly nodded.

           "I didn't mean to." I muttered.

           "Doubt it's Jay, he has a girlfriend. Matt and Swag's been out of the house all day. I'm going to hope it's not Mason. Fitz or Racc. Tell the truth." She eyed me.

            I leaned into the wall next to me, wiping off the water drops with my sleeve. I didn't make eye contact, staring at the textured manilla wall next to her body. I then shifted my gaze to the popcorn ceiling above me. Toby flicked me on the underside of my chin. My head shot back down and she gave me a slight smirk, rolling her eyes.

            "Both." I groaned, flopping down to the ground, "I don't know how this happened! I was chilling, doing what I normally do, then BAM pink mist on my cheeks."

            Toby ran a hand through her hair and chuckled, "That's a you problem." She genitally pushed me backwards. I exhaled and fell against the wall.

            I decided that today was not an editing day, I got up and headed to the living room where Mason sat, wielding a blunt. As I walked up and sat next to him, he blew a cloud of smoke into my eyes. 

           "I swear to god if you smoke up this whole room." I complained towards him.

            Mason waved the blunt and blew more smoke at my face, "You look so mysterious... all covered in smoke. Like 'ooo who'd she kill?'"

           I yanked the joint out of his hands and took a hit, blowing smoke into his eyes.

           "That stings." He rubbed his eyes.

           "Now you feel my pain. Open the windows." I laughed.

           "Yes ma'am." He raised his hand in mock salute.

(A/N: I have a ton of drafts, and I wanted to pepper in some funky fresh romance, so I combined some old stuff and formatted it to fit. Yeah this chapter is where it gets v romantic v quickly, but yeah, need plot juice.)