Reverse Harem Ending!

We all walked slowly around the park, talking and laughing. Our topics fluctuated and we enjoyed each other's company, quickly chatting about the newest dumb thing that almost no one cared about.

     "You know what- Y/N can I talk to you?" Mason asked, looked across the line of people to me.

     "Yeah I'd like to as well." Racc added.

     "Me too!" John leaned over Toby's shoulder.

     "Same over here." Fitz piped in.

     "You can talk in front of the group." I prompted, waving my hand.

     They all shuffled into an awkward clump around me, and I looked at them with a raise of an eyebrow.

     "Y/N, I think you're really perfect!" John burst out, followed by the rest of them agreeing.

     "Yeah, I think you're beautiful!" Fitz said, his voice high pitched like an elementary school student.

     "Are you going to date one of us?" Racc smiled at me.

     I looked over at Toby who gave me a smirk and eye roll, as looked down at the group of guys in front of me. Damn, did I feel powerful. I let out a quick chuckle.

     "No." I responded. They stood there in shock for a second.

     "What do you mean... no? We all want to be with you!" Mason broke the silence by pouting.

     "I mean no, I think you're all dandy, but I don't want to date you." This was not the reaction they were expecting and it showed on their faces.

    "But... we're all famous and rich and-" Racc started.

     "-and not my type." I giggled, "Hey, no hard feelings. You're all nice guys, I'm just an editor who couldn't care less."

     There was another moment of quiet, as I stood smug in my response and as they stood confused in their rejection.

     "She really did it..." Swagger muttered.

     "Did what?" Matt asked.

     "Y/N just pulled the ultimate reverse harem."

     I burst into laughter, along with the rest of the group including my suitors. When our laughter fizzled out, the tension seemed to have relaxed.

     "You know what, fair enough." Fitz talked first, "I can't force you to like me. But you're the best editor we've had, will you stay with us?"

     "You bet your ass I will!" I shoved him playfully and put my hands on my hips. The tension defused as the boys backed off, seemingly accepting my decision.

     "I'm just glad you all didn't scare her off. She's really good." Jay sighed, a chuckle in his voice.

     "Onto more important things- are you more afraid of the ocean or space?" Toby interrupted, and we started to chat again.

     "Ocean, easy. I'm less likely to get attacked by sharks in space." Smii7y answered.

     "You say that like there's a chance you could get attacked by sharks in space." John looked at him.

     "Well I mean you could. You'd die though." Fitz added his take.

     "I think if there are sharks in space we have bigger problems than one person dying." I walked backwards to face them all as we talked.

     And just like that, my world changed to it's new normal. These guys were my mates, and any stupid romantic tension disappeared. We laughed and joked like old buddies, and I really felt myself melt into their company. I'd gone from a stuck up editor to a friend, and I think that mattered more than any relationship drama.

     For the first time in a long time, I didn't regret moving in.

(A/N: I fuckin did it. Thanks for being on this journey with me, this was a blast :>)