The Sweeter Side Of Things

I had mostly recovered from fainting, and now I sat in the air conditioned van while Swagger, Matt, Jay, and Toby opted to search the local nowhere town for some motion sickness medicine.

      "Bored." John stated. He sat in the passenger's seat and fiddled with his rings.

      I lay on the master mattress, as per their request, "I'll message them."

       "Don't get up!" All the other occupants of the car yelled at me as I rolled over to reach for my phone.

        "Fuck off, I'm fine." I grabbed my cell and pulled open our chat.

         Me: Any updates?

        Swagger: If someone in this town had a stomach ache they'd die.

        Toby: we can't find anything :/

        John: we're losing our minds

        Matt: go get ice cream or something

        Me: Ice cream!!

        Racc: We might not be there when you get back

        Jay: poggers

        Smii7y looked up, "What'd they say?"

        "Let's go get ice cream." Racc stood up and brushed off his pants with a grin. Extending his hand, I grabbed it and pulled myself up. Mason hoped down from the ladder beside me as John and Smii7y stood up from their chairs.

        "Do we know any ice cream places?" John asked as he tied his shoes.

        "Bet there's one near here. John, I'll pay for you. You packed me some good fits." As I walked past him I used my palm to push his head up to look at me. I gave his a broad smile and he rolled his eyes.

        Ten minutes later, we were walking down the sidewalks which were baking with the heat. Most of the boys behind me carried their sweatshirts and jackets over their shoulders like hunters carrying a dead deer.

        "It's fucking hot!" Mason complained, shaking the sweat from his hair.

        Suddenly, a small shop appeared in my field of vision. It was tiny, painted a light pink which seemed to be chipping from all sides, and had a large yellow roof with a title that read, "PAUL'S ICE CREAM!" I pointed to the shop, and the others seemed to see it as well, with Racc dashing ahead, grabbing my arm and dragging me with.

          "Motherfucker-" I said in surprise, running to keep up.

          "Racc!" Fitz yelled from the back of the group. In less than thirty seconds the whole group had caught up with us, panting like dogs outside the shop.

          We entered, all giving an enthusiastic sigh of relief at the air conditioning. I waved for them to follow me and approached the cashier. He was a musty looking man in his 60's who looked perfectly fit to run a place as beat down and small as Paul's Ice Cream.

          "One adult chocolate on a waffle cone." Smii7y stepped forward, slicking his hair back and talking Ice Cream language with ease.

          "I'll have an adult sized strawberry in a cup." John leaned against the counter with a smile.

          "Vanilla, adult sized, cake cone." Fitz seemed to have thought over his order on the walk here.

          "Adult pistachio in a waffle cone." Racc pulled out his wallet and started to flip through the bills.

          "Ew, pistachio?" Mason commented, "I'll have the same as Smitters, er, chocolate ice cream in a cup. Adult size." He stammered.

          "Do you have Neopolitan?" I asked the man. He gave a curt nod, "Then I'll have an adult Neopolitan (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) on a sprinkle cone."

          "Toppings?" The man asked, his voice deep and gravely.

          "Sprinkles and chocolate chips." Fitz replied instantly.

          "Strawberries, kiwis, and Reece's Pieces." Racc added.

          "Ew, kiwis? Sprinkles, Cheesecake Bits, Strawberries, Reece's Pieces, and chocolate chips." Mason butted in.

           "Oh no you're going to be so hyper." Smii7y groaned, "No toppings for me."

           "Just rainbow sprinkles. Wait I'm supposed to be rebellious... chocolate sprinkles!" John grinned, before I immediately punched him in the shoulder.

           "Hershey's Shell Fudge." I said shaking out my fist.

            The man (Paul I assumed) nodded and made our ice creams while we had a seat at a nearby table. My body had cooled off, and I sat crisscross on the tacky pink chairs.

            "You just have to bring up this stupid harem bit in front of that guy." I scolded John.

            "You're the harem protagonist, we have to make it known." Mason did a mock salute.

            "You're still doing this?" Smii7y glanced around the table.

            "I know, right?" I complained. The man came over and haphazardly handed us our food. After thanking and paying him we all dived into our desserts.

             "That looks so sweet." I looked over at Mason's sugary mess.

             "Try some!" Mason scooped up some on his spoon and handed it to me, and I gratefully ate it.

             "This is the best thing I've ever had, you're a genius." I grabbed John's spoon and took some more.

             "What the-" John reached over to grab it back.

             "Yoink." I grinned, holding the utensil behind my head. He stood up and bent over the table to try and get it, and I found myself an inch away from his face. He blushed a light pink and retracted back into his seat as I handed him his spoon.

             "Break it up." Fitz stood between me and John, pushing our heads apart.

             "Hilarious. Let me go." I protested, his grip on my forehead was strong. He leaned down to my level and smirked, pushing my head back and standing back up.

              Smii7y's phone started to buzz, and as he pulled it out he looked at us, "It's Swags, putting him on speaker."

             Swagger's voice boomed over the speaker, "We got the medicine, let's head back."

             "Oh, we already got the medicine." Mason said matter-of-factly. Everyone at the table looked at him quizzically, to which he nodded and grinned.

             "You did what?" Swagger gasped.

             "Yeah, we found it when we were at this ice cream place." I added, winking at Mason.

             "What's up?" We heard Toby's voice quietly over the speaker.

             "They said they just... found some medicine!" He said back to her.

              "Yeah, it was just here." John fluffed his hair.

              "It was in one of those little plastic boxes at the register." Racc played along.

              "We looked for an hour and a half for that!" Matt's voice came on.

              I burst out laughing, and everyone else followed. The people on the phone realized and let out sarcastic ahaha's. I gave a small fist bump to Mason and started heading towards the exit, thanking the ice cream man.

(A/N: oOoHhH nOoOoO i cHoOsE yOuR iCe cReAm oRdeR)