John Ending!

After my note John and I had been giving each other quick looks. Neither of us talked to the other, so we had mini conversations through the darting of our eyes.

     The filming went well, and soon we were wrapping up before Toby grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the group.

     "If you want to make up or out with John you better do it now." She whispered in my ear. I gave her a quizzical look and she rolled her eyes, "Listen, go with him on that fun horror ride."

     Toby pointed just over my shoulder and I turned around to face a smallish ride booth. The opening was shaped like a large mouth, and a short line of people waited outside.

     "Hey John!" I waved my hand and got his attention, "One more ride?"

     "Sure thing!" He beamed. I had no idea what Toby had gotten me into, but I really hoped she knew what she was doing.

time skip because fuck you

     Finally, after the impossibly lone line we slid into our own cart. It was a two seater with flat seats an overarching hood the shape of a monster.

    "If you get scared you can hold my hand." John snickered.

    "Likely chance." I sneered, and the ride started. We plunged, no plunged isn't the right word, we slowly moved into the darkness. As my pupils dilated I looked around the car.

     It seemed like very run of the mill scares. A cartoonish devil popped up on our left, and John pretended to be afraid.

     "This is unbelievably lame." He sighed, before he was surprised by a short burst of flame shooting up above him. He raised his arms instinctively and I giggled, grabbing his hands to bring them back down.

     Suddenly, the ride lurched to a painful stop. I was jammed into the bar in front of me, as was John. We looked at each other in confusion before a voice popped over the speaker.

     "Now is the portion where the large drop will take place. Please be sure your bar is tightened." The voice was clear and robotic.

    "You're fucking kidding." I gasped, my jaw dropping in a smile. He laughed, but was swiftly cut off by the car starting again.

     "Holy shit I see it!" John said in panic, pointing in front of us to a sharp decline. Our car inched towards in and we nervously chuckled as we tried to secure all loose items.

     "We're almost on it!" I yelled towards him, quickly yanking off his hat and revealing a head of messy hair. John fluffed his hair and turned to look at me, a shimmer of excitement in his eyes.

     We were at the tipping point of the drop when John started speaking, his voice high pitched and fast, "Y/N you're the most stunning girl I've ever met and I want to be with you in any way you want me in."

     I was awestruck, but knew I only had about a word before we torpedoed downhill.

     "Yes!" I grinned before we descended. Rapid fire jump scares popped up around us, but I couldn't give a damn. I laughed like I'd never had.

     The world went by at a blistering speed, and when it finally screeched to a halt we were breathless and smiling.

     "Did I hear a yes?" John panted.

     "You bet your ass you did." I threw myself into his arms and he hugged me, before pulling me up and stepped out of the nightmare ride. Then he held up my hand and gave me a smirk.

     "Look who ended up holding my hand." He said cockily.

    "Shut up." I rolled my eyes, gripping his hand harder, but John didn't seem to mind. We stepped out through the gate and met the eyes of the Misfits. Toby gave me a satisfied look and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

     Pulling John forward we stumbled near the rear of the group as they made their way back to the car. We recalled the chaotic drop, the misjudged kiss, and everything that had led us here.

     "You can have this back." I pulled the hair clip off my shirt, I had forgotten John had clipped it on me almost a day ago. He happily took it and put it in his hair.

time skip next day

     I sat in my messy room, huddled in my chair. I squinted my eyes and clicked around the screen, trying to cut out the unusable nonsense from this trip. Sipping a Caprisun, I found it had dried up and threw it near where I hoped the trash can was.

     It made a dink noise as it presumably hit the wall and then the floor. I sighed but continued working. Suddenly, my room was flooded with light. I grunted and turned around to see John, fruit platter in hand, looking at me disapprovingly.

     "What are you, Dracula? Working at your computer when it's dark doesn't help your eyes." He walked behind me.

     "What are you, my Mom? What's up?"

     "Brought you some fruit and a muffin I baked, but I guess you don't want it." He playfully held up the plate as if to take it away. Giggling, I reached upwards trying to grab it.

     "You know you love me." I slid onto my knees on the chair as I tried to take it, despite his efforts to keep it away.

     "I guess I do." He sighed and handed me the plate, which I eagerly grabbed, "Just don't overwork yourself. A dead girlfriend doesn't do me any good."

     "I never knew you were capable of such romantic language." I said sarcastically, chowing down on a strawberry.

      "This is what I get for checking up on you." He raised his hands in mock surrender and feigned leaving.

     "Fine! You can stay." I laughed as he sprinted back around and sat on the floor next to me.

     I guess this is what happiness feels like.