Welcome to the Misfits

"They probably need us." Fitz broke the silence, standing up abruptly.

     "Oh-" I started, stumbling to my feet. He combed through his hair and bend down, grabbing my camera and handing me it with a smile.

      I beamed back and grabbed it from his hands. But I couldn't help but feel a bit empty. Yes, I did need comfort, but the very back of my brain wanted so badly to kiss him, even if it went against everything. I pushed away those thoughts angrily, yanking the camera and marching off to the group. Fitz followed.

      "Hey guys!" I waved, avoiding eye contact with John. Then I accidentally looked at him, to which he gave a small smirk, an almost sad sweetness in his movements. Against my best interests, my stomach flipped. But soon we started recording again and my thoughts were lost to the mechanics of an insanely heavy camera.

-------

      "Y/N!" Mason said energetically, waving his hand for me to follow, "Come film me doing something stupid!"

       "I have to fucking cut this out." I grumbled. However, I obliged along with the rest of the group. We followed him to his shenanigans and pulled him away when said shenanigans might get him into legal trouble.

        "This is a dumpster fire." Swagger said with amusement. I flipped him off behind the recorder and continued filming. Mason proceeded to throw a bouncy ball that hit the lens, making a sad doink noise and dropping to the ground.

        "I don't know how you didn't break the glass." I gasped in awe, turning it to face me to check.

        "Damn. I'll try throwing it harder next time." He giggled. Rolling my eyes I gave him a playful shove, and he parried by shoving me harder.

        "You do know we have to cut this all?" Matt asked with a grin.

        "I'm counting on it." Mason gave a quick thumbs up before taking my camera and holding it above his head.

         "Burn in hell tall man." I grimaced.

----------

         After another few hours we took another break. I relaxed with some cheap carnival food on an uncomfortable green table+bench. I was spending my time sticking my fingers in the holes in the table, that was until Mason walked up to me. He wore a hoodie with a collared shirt on top, creating an interesting silhouette against the backdrop of lights.

         "Hey, hey Y/N can I ask you a question?" He asked, sliding down next to me.

         "Was that the question?" I raised my eyebrows.

          "Hilarious. I think I've heard my dad say that at least ten thousand times."

         "Fine, what's up?"

          "Well, I fancy you. Want to kiss right now?"

          My jaw dropped at how bold he was, "Are you crazy? I could lose my job-"

           "How are you still so new? This is the Misfits, we host parties for a living. You could be getting jerked off twenty four seven and no one would give a flying fuck." He gave me a shit-eating grin as my eyes widened.

            "I'm sorry, I was only used to working for professional companies." I responded in amazement, my mouth in a confused smile.

            "Welcome to the Misfits, kiss me."

(A/N: Funky)