Chapter 15- Cotillion

Astrid spent the next few days, meeting up with Siena to go dress shopping, hanging out with Nate at Chuck's apartment since he was hardly there and deciding on which college she'll accept. Time was closing in on here. She had to get back to them and book her dorm rooms yet she still couldn't figure out what to do.

Usually it's hard for people to get into university. Why is it so hard for Astrid to pick one? Oh did you hear? Blair got rejected from her dream school Yale since the spot was given to her best friend Serena, while Nate got accepted into Columbia.

However, tonight was Cotillion and she promised Siena that she'll give her decision by tomorrow's morning.

Looks like A will be up all night.

Astrid got dressed in her gold strapless mermaid dress, which seemed to go perfect with her dirty blonde hair. Alex promised that he'll tag along to escort Siena, so he quickly fastened his bow tie and walked out of his room, to put on his dress shoes.

"I swear if I have to dance with her I'm not doing it!" he yelled, so that Astrid who was still in her room could hear him.
"You just have to walk her in! That's it!" Astrid yelled back, putting on her necklace and finally walking out, holding her hands up to present herself in the living room.
Her brother watched her and then narrowed his eyes.

"You look terrible!" they both exclaimed simultaneously.
"Why would you do that to your hair?" She gasped staring at Alex's brown hair as it fell onto his forehead from not cutting it in weeks.
"Why would you do that to your face?" Alex replied, looking at the bright gold eyeshadow that Astrid was wearing.
They both laughed and then sat down, buckling their shoes and waiting for their father.

Austin walked out a few minutes later and soon the trio were heading to the ball.
As they walked in, the photographers clicked pictures of them and soon enough they were inside, where people held glasses of wine in their hands, while soft music played in the background. The entire hall was decorated in Silver and Blue, which complimented each other very well.

Astrid spotted Siena and walked over to her, hugging her and complimenting her look. Siena opted for a shiny black dress with a one sided slit up to her mid thigh, and her dark brown hair fell perfectly onto the low backline.

She reintroduced Siena to Alex, leaving them both to plan their grand entrance, as she spotted Nate halfway across the room. His hair was neatly styled, with a few strands escaping to give it a natural look, while wearing a well tailored black and white suit with a gold tie to match Astrid's dress.

They hugged each other and then Nate excused himself from Dan and Chuck , walking back with Astrid to practice their entrance.

Look like everything here is perfect! What's one thing that'll ruin this night? Seeing Austin and Holly together, knowing willingly that no one told him about what they overheard? Not even close.

After all entrances were made, the partners got onto the dance floor, with almost everyone dancing. Alex and Astrid, looked at each other, after they noticed that Austin and Holly were also dancing and getting along, both of them with guilty expressions. However they had agreed not to tell him until they though was a good time, which was just their polite way of trying to avoid the topic altogether.

This was the first time in over a year that Siena and Astrid was really able to enjoy together without thinking about the past.

After the dance was over and goodbyes were said, Alex agreed to walk Siena back to her apartment while Astrid and Nate left to go back to his house. After apologising that his house wasn't as big as it used to be before his bad went to prison and Astrid telling him off because it didn't matter, they walked out onto the balcony and looked up at the now dark sky, with some scattered stars.