Meet Everyone, part 4

Remy-

the open curtains and windows was what woke Remy up, the chirp of birds and the sound of an elephant next to zem scared them off the bed with a startled shout, hitting the hard wood with a pained groan, there was a shuffle of noise when a tiny elephant about the size of a maincoon cat runs to zem with a soft and concerned rumble, Remy rubbed zeir shoulder which zey landed on when falling off zeir bed.

"i'm ok Mocha, i know you didn't mean to scare me" zey pet the small elephants head and close zeir eyes in bliss, "i should get up i guess" remy says not really eager to start the day, "i'll be back soon, ok Mocha?" zey go into zeir drawers and get out some clothes to wear then go into the bathroom, once zeir out, zey have on makeup and are completely dressed in a black denim jeans and a white T shirt with a black hoodie. Mocha was standing a few feet away from the doorway, zey smiled warmly at the maincoon size elephant "does this look alright hun? it's zey today"

The elephant dashes over to Remy excited, with a rumble noise in support, zey kneel down to pick up the elephant and walk her down the stairs like everyday and before putting Mocha down after giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

Zey made a coffee looking out the front window above the street. Looking at the time zey had an hour before the shop opened for business as usual, "we'll go get some of the flowers from the green houses out back then you can water them while I work on opening alright?" the lil elephant has a look of reluctance at the statement of them being separated for longer than 15 minutes at a time away from her companion, "look darling, i know you don't like us being away for longer than it takes for me to get changed but, while your outside you can be your full size.. not the size of a large house cat. I don't like you being tiny for so long Mocha, we'll go for a walk later when the shops close too, maybe if someone would like a job I'm going to advertise for that but we don't have anyone but us right now." Remy looks at the elephant who does a sort of huff stomping her tiny foot.

Remy raised zeir eyebrows at the stubbornness of Mocha, "ok how about this, i go inside for half n hour without you.. then you can come inside to check on me every time you get panicked about me being in danger, or you can call out to me and i'll wave to you from my window" Remy pours zeir coffee into a mug, a gift from a friend which was large enough to be both obnoxious and perfect for long shifts downstairs. It also fit the shop's aesthetic pretty well too.

Mocha didn't look at Remy for a moment seeming to process what zey had offered before rubbing against remys leg in agreement, zey laugh softly at Mocha, "thank you for worrying my dear coffee bean but I am going to be fine, the police and ambulance patrol this street often, you've heard them before" they make a noise and look at Remy with a look that Remy could only describe as unconditional love.

Zey pick Mocha up and hugs her, Mocha's trunk trying to hug Remy back "I love you too, but they aren't in our lives anymore, i don't want them near us and the court has given us a restraining order remember those five months of court? It all led to that"

"We're fine."

Emile-

Emile doesn't set an alarm oh no- why would he need an alarm when he has a meerkat that wakes him at 6:30 on the dot because they detected danger under the bed... again.

He doesn't need an alarm so when he hears the shuffling noise of Timone near the bedside cabinet he readied himself, and as the the phone turned to 6:30am, Timmone lets out a anxious shout and then a shriek because he instantly got picked up and cuddled tightly close to Emiles chest "good moring, what happened to hakuna matata?" Emile asks, kissing the obviously shaken meerkat on his tiny forehead, he makes a chriplike sound similar to a bird and Emile lets them go.

Emile sits up stretching his back and Timone paps around on the comforter getting comfortable while Emile gets ready and dressed, they were going downstairs with Timone up in front checking for possible intruders around corners and in the towel cupboard- yeah he's being over cautious again.

Emile and Timone go to the kitchen where he opens a jar and takes out an insect, Timone instantly smells it and scampers over standing on his hind legs, a look of him just begging for the bug. Emile gave it to him and within moments there was nothing left. He pets the cautious meerkat "you need to calm down mister, I locked the door before we went to bed and this place has alarms for burglars, were safe" Timone chirps at Emile climbing up his arm and to perch himself comfortably on Emile's shoulder, Emile sighs making himself a tea and breakfast still with Timone on his shoulders,

It wasn't like it was a strange thing to happen, there used to be a time when Timone would stay in his sweater vest with his head poking out from the v-neck , that was when Emile wasnt the most confident with himself but he had been working on that!

He looked at his schedule for this week Timone peering at it too they squeak out something and Emile frowns into his coffee, "your right we haven't heard from Patton in the past week, remind me to call him when I get into the office, and maybe Logans available to catch up for lunch today you haven't seen Bo in a while, maybe that why your getting over cautious"

Timone remained silent which confused Emile. Normally he's really talkative, "let's hope he's willing to have lunch somewhere" Emile mutters under his breath.