Introduction

Hey this is Apple/ Hope

I first want to give a massive thanks to queer_as_can_be for helping me with the sides and not cannon sides' animal companions as well as names for them all, we talked so much and some of the names i personally think are rather amusing.

We agreed that doing animals that are usually seen in these sorts of stories for these characters are obviously overused so we went to symbolism to find their perfect companion so Janus doesn't not have a snek and Virgil doesn't have a cat or a bat. (Patton's one fits him to a T by the way-same with Janus)

Information about this story-
-this is a polyamorous story drlamp to be specific with Remile also featured.

-Roman and Remus are platonic brother, best friend, soulmates. so none of that remrom Shiz here especially since Remus is asexual)

- their animal companions are magical and don't need to eat but as you see in the story people feed them stuff anyway, it's nice to eat food every once in a while.

-for convenience, the companion can also grow larger to a point and shrink, eg, a giraffe companion will shrink small enough to fit into the house so they won't get injured or break anything.

-people can reject their companion, but it is extremely painful and strenuous for both the human and creature the longer away you are away from them, when the companion feels like they aren't wanted they will run away to find their companions soulmate, this is also said for if their human companion is sick/dying.

-they are still animals and have semi animalistic tendency's but they're more domestic eg. You shouldn't sneak up on a carnivore unless you want to be tackled and growled at.

-humans with their companion can understand them and hold a conversation semi smoothly, even when their companions don't actually make any noises i promise you Virgil and Remus aren't needing to to go to a psychiatric ward-

I also want to thank Kitkat4406 for helping me with editing and coming up with the name for it, they're amazing and deserve all the love in the world, same with queer.

(I will most likely add and remove things as i go so keep checking this semi often-)