Chapter 5: My Universe Will Never Be The Same

Amber's POV

We finally flew back home after two weeks. Things in Ibiza got really weird. Nath and Jay never spoke a word to each other and Nath didn't quite act the same around me either. Was it possible that he knew what happened that day when I told him I was going to meet up with Nareesha? No, that couldn't be possible. Nath trusts me so I doubt he would've followed me, but when I got back to the hotel room he wasn't there.

After I was dropped off to my flat, I threw my luggage to the floor and jumped onto my bed. It was nice to be back home. I really thought the trip to Ibiza would be the best thing that could've ever happened to me, but I was wrong, so completely wrong. Before shutting my eyes so I could sleep, I decided to put up a post on twitter.

@AmberLuvsChu Ibiza was fun while it lasted...but I have no hopes of going back.

I probably shouldn't have posted that, but I didn't care. After dozing off, minutes later I received a text from Jay. How wonderful. It's not exactly something I want to wake up to, but to be honest I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders, because he was finally somewhat talking to me again.

Jay:

I saw ur twitter post. I know what you meant by it , so I'm just gonna warn u now that if u ever left the UK u sure as hell wouldn't hope to come back. I'm not done. I'm still going to fight for you. I don't care about the circumstances. I'm sure they can work themselves out. When I said I loved you I meant it and I'll never stop meaning it. I left you alone just so things wouldn't get out of proportion in Ibiza, but we're back home and the vacation is over. Back to work I go :)

I couldn't believe what I'd just read. He even put a smiley face at the end. I just couldn't believe he had the nerve. I guess he really truly loves me. So now three questions still remain. Do I still love Nath? Am I in love with Jay? Am I ever going to leave Nath for Jay?

Only I can answer those questions. It really sucks though. Why is this all happening to me? How come I'm now the center of attention? If only I could rewind the hands of time back to that Christmas party. I wouldn't have invited Meridith and I would've stopped Nath from getting drunk. If I'd done that my life would've been perfect right now.

Nathan's POV

The boys and I got back to our flat. I'd be lying if I said I was happy about that and I'd be lying if I said I wish we were still in Ibiza. I went to my room and started putting my clothes away. I thought about all that happened and what I'm going to do about the whole my best friend and girlfriend are in love with each other situation.

No doubt they slept with each other that first night when they went clubbing. I can't believe it. I can't believe that I was actually going to propose to her. Just when I thought everything would be perfect for now on, it all blows up in my face. Maybe I'm jumping into conclusions. Forget this; who cares if she's falling for Jay. She ran away from him for a reason so I'll just fight for her until I win her heart back.

I've just go to stay away from Jay. Every time I see him my blood boils. Just hearing his name gets me angry. I know I shouldn't be having such crazy thoughts, but I just feel like slicing his head off his body and running over it. Who in the bloody hell would help get you and your girl back together and then try to steal her from you. I'm not exactly sure of his motives, but if I catch him crossing the line it's a wrap.

Jay's POV

I went to my room and sat on my bed waiting to see if she'd reply. I knew she wouldn't, but anything can happen. I suppose what I texted to her was a bit cocky. At least she knows that this is not over. Even if I don't end up with her at least then she'd really be following her heart, I think. All I care for above of all is her happiness.

Amber's POV

Hours later I woke up to the sound of my doorbell. Tired as ever, I got up and and fixed myself so I'd look more presentable. I opened the door without a care in the world as to whom my visitor might be. It could be a serial killer for all I know; at least I'd be put out of my misery.

It wasn't a serial killer at my door but it was someone similar to it, Meridith. As soon as I saw her face I shut the door. She knocked saying "That wasn't very polite. Now open your door so I can give you the bad news in the kindest way possible". I opened the door and asked her what she was talking about.

"I really didn't want to come and tell you this, but your mom insisted that I'd do so. She wan't us to be close again, but if she knew what I did to you then I'm pretty sure it would be a whole nother story. I me-"

"Can you cut to the chase please?"

She made a long sigh before telling me. "M-my mother is, she's.....she's dead."

"What?! Aunt Hellen is dead! How? Why?" I said while tears spewed out of my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Aunt Hellen was one of the most important people in my life. She really helped me throughout my teenage years. She even stopped me from committing suicide. The thought of her dead crushed me, especially since I stopped talking to her because of Meridith.

"She went out for groceries a few days ago, and well, some 18 year old girl was driving and texting, of course. I'm sure you can put the puzzle together. It's not exactly the easiest thing for me to talk about." Meridith replied.

Unable to say a word, I lifted my arms signaling for her to come and receive a hug. She stared at my arms for about a minute and then finally hugged me. She joined me in the pool of tears I'd created. I could hear her choking on her saliva and it just made my heart ache. For the first time in a long time I didn't hate her, I just wanted to be there for her and show her that I still cared. If I din't I wouldn't exactly be human.

That night she ended up sleeping over. We drank ourselves to sleep to be precise. I didn't mind it though. I was actually a bit happy but horribly devistated.